Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I would loan you mine. It is new, I could send it and you could send me yours when you get it (or have it drop shipped).
    ETA: PM if you wanna.
    Thanks, man. I think I should be able to score one in the next 2-3 days.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Thanks, man. I think I should be able to score one in the next 2-3 days.
    If you get in a jam lemme know, they do not sell a 650 without a conversion and I got it when I bought the second 650, but will not get around to using it for a few months.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Name:  5d1eb4ee97305e6557f3016e5e1a74ed0fa81f21-1.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  54.9 KB
    #RESIST

Name:  5d1eb4ee97305e6557f3016e5e1a74ed0fa81f21-1.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  54.9 KB
    Once you get that rear sight dialed in you are going to be one happy abiding Dude.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    For some time now I've noticed most gun related manufacturers, dealers, & component outlets are either short on inventory, it's out of stock, or just not available. I don't think the industry is in very good shape and this past year and the political picture doesn't bode well for it's future. People say things will get back to normal...but I'm not sure what "normal" is or will be anymore.

Dave
    The gun industry, IMO, has always been on the edge, at least in recent times. There is NEVER a safe time for them. Even with a conservative administration they are one incident from having the “country” turn on them. Add in the somewhat feast or famine economy, and it takes long stints for things to settle down. Did we EVER get back to pre Obama days, even with 4 years of a relatively conservative admin? No because even during a “conservative” time the country is 1 tragedy away from turning in the gun industry.

With those things in mind is it wise to expand?? Knowing that as soon as demand goes down you’re SOL on your high $$$ equipment. Or knowing that a sweep of the pen could render you bankrupt.

It’s going to be a while before we get to some semblance of stability. IMO we will never get back to the prices we were enjoying.

Finally got to shoot it tonight, thanks to generous friends that donated brass and bullets. 158 SWCs over 5.7 of BE-86. Like an idiot, I forgot to bring a hammer and punch to drift the rear sight and of course, it’s shooting way right. I have a lot of work to do as I’m committed to only shooting double action. I do like it, but man, my G48 with 147s felt like the “easy button” after shooting that big Ruger

#RESIST

Finally got to shoot it tonight... I forgot to bring a hammer and punch to drift the rear sight and of course, it’s shooting way right. I have a lot of work to do as I’m committed to only shooting double action.
    Out of curiosity did you try any single action supported to see where the sights hit? DA definitely takes a bit to learn.
    I encountered a lady Corrections Officer decades ago who consistently hit off the right side of a B21 at 15 yards. I could coach her into qualifying but luckily using a handgun wasn’t really a primary (or secondary) part of her duties. I think part of the issue was an itty bitty woman loaned an issue S&W 686 with “man sized” grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Out of curiosity did you try any single action supported to see where the sights hit? DA definitely takes a bit to learn.
    I encountered a lady Corrections Officer decades ago who consistently hit off the right side of a B21 at 15 yards. I could coach her into qualifying but luckily using a handgun wasn’t really a primary (or secondary) part of her duties. I think part of the issue was an itty bitty woman loaned an issue S&W 686 with “man sized” grips.
    No, I should have. I had chuckleheads with ARs next to me and my patience was ebbing. That being said, I know that my revolver fundamentals need work, but I was grouping somewhat so I know the sights need to be nudged.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    No, I should have. I had chuckleheads with ARs next to me and my patience was ebbing. That being said, I know that my revolver fundamentals need work, but I was grouping somewhat so I know the sights need to be nudged.
    No offense intended but no, you do not know your sights need adjustment, you think they do. Until you shoot the gun off a rest, very deliberately, you don't know exactly what's going on. I've had students (LEOs and civilians) who insisted their sights need adjustment because they shot groups off center of their point of aim. When I fired their guns I could keep all rounds on the head of a silhouette (6" square) at 15 or 20 yards. Their problem was trigger control, not poorly aligned sights. And yes, it is possible to shoot a group with a poor but consistent trigger pull.

Fire a few cylinders from a rest or get an experienced revolver shooter to shoot a group with your gun and ammo. Then decide if the sights need adjusting.

My $.02 worth,
    Dave

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    No offense intended but no, you do not know your sights need adjustment, you think they do. Until you shoot the gun off a rest, very deliberately, you don't know exactly what's going on. I've had students (LEOs and civilians) who insisted their sights need adjustment because they shot groups off center of their point of aim. When I fired their guns I could keep all rounds on the head of a silhouette (6" square) at 15 or 20 yards. Their problem was trigger control, not poorly aligned sights. And yes, it is possible to shoot a group with a poor but consistent trigger pull.

Fire a few cylinders from a rest or get an experienced revolver shooter to shoot a group with your gun and ammo. Then decide if the sights need adjusting.

My $.02 worth,
    Dave
    ^^^^This. Very much this. Shoot it from a rest, single action and see what you have.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List