Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’d prefer a more durable finish, but that’s purty.
    You did good pig. You did good

Assuming I don't wind up wandering a dystopian wasteland dodging cannibals and fighting over the last roll of toilet paper, I see a 3" .357 in my future in the next couple of years, ranked after 1) a 640 Pro or LCR and 2) a Contender.

When I weigh the relative merits of the 2.75" 66-8 and the Ruger 1753, my head sort of explodes.

Will be curious to see how the Ruger works out.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’d prefer a more durable finish, but that’s purty.
    I waffled between the two, as they had both the stainless and the blued when I bought mine locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    The seating die on that set would not seat or crimp properly for .38 Special, no matter what adjustments I made.
    Well, definitely won't be an issue on current or semi-current production. I've loaded quite a few of both with just resetting the dies.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    You did good pig. You did good
    Between that and Stephanie saying “Outstanding!”, I’m feeling pretty good now
    #RESIST

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    When I weigh the relative merits of the 2.75" 66-8 and the Ruger 1753, my head sort of explodes.

Will be curious to see how the Ruger works out.
    Me, too. As I’ve mentioned before, I’d lean towards the 66 because of already having holsters and speedloaders.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Me, too. As I’ve mentioned before, I’d lean towards the 66 because of already having holsters and speedloaders.
    I have a 3" Model 66, and really do like it a lot. I used it at the Rangemaster Master Instructor class, and it did not disappoint. It's stupid accurate with 135-grain .38 Special +P Gold Dots.

Name:  60 and 66.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  56.7 KB

The other pistol is a Model 60-4 no lock with adjustable sights and full underlug. It is fun to shoot. A delightful little cheater gun

Site Supporter
    Also...crimping dies are necessary for me regardless of handloading.

I once had some factory practice .357 ammo...I think it was Fiocchi or some such...that was not adequately crimped and I had to deal with binding of the cylinder and light strikes because they didn't set in the cylinder chambers.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have a 3" Model 66, and really do like it a lot. I used it at the Rangemaster Master Instructor class, and it did not disappoint. It's stupid accurate with 135-grain .38 Special +P Gold Dots.

Name:  60 and 66.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  56.7 KB

The other pistol is a Model 60-4 no lock with adjustable sights and full underlug. It is fun to shoot. A delightful little cheater gun
    That 60 is cool. Old school and moderately rare grips, too. I had a set that I gave to a buddy here (I prefer more concealable slabs, myself)..
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    They aren't calling it a Wiley Clapp, but the Ruger webpage lists this.
    Correct, they ditched the "WC" name but they make a run every year as a Talo distributor exclusive. I have to caveat that with "I have no idea how COVID will affect that"

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Your L frame stuff should work as well.

User Tag List