Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Range use, carry, classes.
    If "carry" means "kinda sorta covered up by a shirt tail when in rural or wilderness areas" then an N-frame is fine.

If you really need to be discrete, then the K-frame is a better choice, in my opinion. You can get away with a GP100 or L-frame depending on dress and such.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Never having fired, held or even seen in real life I kinda dig the PC scandium snubbie.

But, I'd just get a S&W model 10 skinny barrel 4" and slick it up. Skinnies have much better sights.

I took my 6" skinny out shooting yesterday and was reminded-yet again-of how easy they are to shoot very accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Never having fired, held or even seen in real life I kinda dig the PC scandium snubbie.

But, I'd just get a S&W model 10 skinny barrel 4" and slick it up. Skinnies have much better sights.

I took my 6" skinny out shooting yesterday and was reminded-yet again-of how easy they are to shoot very accurately.
    That thing is a kinetic bullet puller

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Alas.
    Indeed, it's one of those "this idea is really cool" guns

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Check out Smith's 66-8 2.75".
    Quoted for truth. If it's .38+P on the menu, you will find the K frames much to your liking.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

3" Ks (I've always thought of the 65 as the pinnacle), Ruger's fixed sight GP100 (1753 is bad ass), and Colt's King Cobra are all in the right ballpark for me. If I had to buy a new gun I'd go with the Ruger.

Is the 627 PC too big for carry? Not a good first revolver?
    An N-Frame Smith 357 is a good first revolver IF you’ll use it mostly on the range. Concealing revolvers is different than concealing autos. Not necessarily harder, just different. Your limiting factors are cylinder bulk, adjustable sights, and the hammer spur.

AIWB. I don't think so? I really don't know much about this, I assumed that hotter .38s were the smart way to go.
    Save full-snort 357s for hunting. Hot 38’s are fine for everything else, which probably makes the K-frame a better option for your stated uses.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I can conceal a G17 AIWB with ease and comfort. I'm 5'11", 182lbs, fairly athletic build. With regards to stainless or nickel guns, is that for ease of maintenance/rust prevention?
    Indeed, that's why stainless or nickel. I've never carried a Glock, so I can't make a comparison.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    @jetfire, quick followup: does that include hot .38s?

User Tag List