Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    No, for pistol choice for carry and training. I already knew about JM Custom
    I have been really happy with my 7-shooter L-frames. That extra round feels nice, I can shoot 38s or 357, and since I'm really super weird I can mount red dots on them. The 686+ and 586 are the models you're looking for. There are tons of aftermarket grips available too, so you can have as big or as small of a grip as you want.

Site Supporter
    I had an IWB holster for my S&W 22 (.45 ACP N-frame). It's doable but it's a lot of gun for 6 rounds of .45.
    I guess 8 rounds would be better in the bulk to round count ratio

That revolver weights just about what a 5" 1911 does if that gives a reference.
    Lot's of people consider N-frames too big for everyday carry, I don't.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    How do you plan to carry it?

Are you planning to shoot a lot of magnums with it?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    How do you plan to carry it?

Are you planning to shoot a lot of magnums with it?
    AIWB. I don't think so? I really don't know much about this, I assumed that hotter .38s were the smart way to go.
    #RESIST

AIWB. I don't think so? I really don't know much about this, I assumed that hotter .38s were the smart way to go.
    Check out Smith's 66-8 2.75".
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Hard to make a recommendation, AIWB is so body and comfort specific. I'd think that a K frame is about as large as most people would want to go. A 4" gun is doable, a 3" or 2.75" is a tad more comfortable for me. Stainless steel or nickeled guns may be better. In current production, a Model 66 would be the ticket.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Hard to make a recommendation, AIWB is so body and comfort specific. I'd think that a K frame is about as large as most people would want to go. A 4" gun is doable, a 3" or 2.75" is a tad more comfortable for me. Stainless steel or nickeled guns may be better. In current production, a Model 66 would be the ticket.
    I can conceal a G17 AIWB with ease and comfort. I'm 5'11", 182lbs, fairly athletic build. With regards to stainless or nickel guns, is that for ease of maintenance/rust prevention?
    #RESIST

An N frame is fairly big for concealed carry. It can be done but it's a fair amount of cylinder bulk and weight. A lot depends on your use case. What are your anticipated needs driving a revolver?

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    An N frame is fairly big for concealed carry. It can be done but it's a fair amount of cylinder bulk and weight. A lot depends on your use case. What are your anticipated needs driving a revolver?
    Range use, carry, classes.
    #RESIST

User Tag List