Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    USP Compact takes VP9 mags with an X-Grip adaptor. Which means you can now rock 17- and 20-round mags in a surprisingly small pistol.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Found some BE86 for sale at reloading unlimited fwiw
    They're 8lbs less as of now
    #RESIST

What’s a good training bullet to load up for .38? Cast and/or coated is preferred.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    What’s a good training bullet to load up for .38? Cast and/or coated is preferred.
    It is a big case, I sorta like a bigger bullet that takes up some of that space for better combustion. Kind of hard to go wrong.

Pick one. I prefer 158gr cast from rimrock. My wife prefers 125/130gr in her 2" m15.

Cast is significantly cheaper. I have found 125gr plated or jacket bullets pretty comparable but they're on close outs or pulled etc.

The lighter bullets do kick less. But a 158gr bullet at 950fps is very, very manageable.

Site Supporter
    Berry’s plated are nice. Moly coated cast are cheaper, and still nicer than plain cast for keeping lead off skin and rifling. Plus, you may not have to lube moly coated.

Weight is what shoots most accurately in a steel gun, or what recoil you can manage in a lightweight.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    So are you just loading up rounds, or did you pick a spinny gun already?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    So are you just loading up rounds, or did you pick a spinny gun already?
    We're waiting....

I've been using Bayou's 138 grain coated wad cutter over 3.0 grains of Bullseye. 750 fps in a 4". Not too bad in an Air weight J. I've also used Berry plated 158 rn.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Plus, the entire idea of carrying a revolver as a primary is an affectation.
    You're making a huge assumption and painting with a very broad brush. There are folks who can't manage a semi-auto for various reasons. Not everyone is the square range operator found on gun forums either. Some have disabilities and or physical limitations that make a revolver a more viable choice than the latest wiz-bang wonder-9.

Since folks have been defending themselves and society for a lot of years with the lowly revolver you probably shouldn't sneer quit so loudly.

Dave

User Tag List