Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by swampyank33 View Post
    WC, if it were me!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
    As a father of 4 shooting rugrats, there are only so many firearm trails I can afford to venture down and I'm on quite a few already I like my Ruger SA's but DA I like my S&W's.....
    but that's a rather attractive revolver right there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    @orionz06 we need some speedloader pouches/scabbards, jox hasn’t been doing them for a while.
    Oh, yea! That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Even my double layer horsehide belt is to thin.

Don Hume has a solution but its bulkier
    Attachment 65567

Other good options are jox and cd-2's flipped iwb at 12 oclock ahead of an aiwb holster. I utilize both. I use the jox when I carry iwb which I have to do at the nicu
    Attachment 65568Attachment 65569
    For a moment I thought you had a little Deadpool hand growing there.

Do I need the Wilson spring kit for the GP100?

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...prod26186.aspx
    https://www.kevinsworkbench.com/sp101trigger/

I would start with doing some light polishing/cleaning using the above directions, and then a few hundred dry fires. Then see what you think.

ETA: skip the shim instructions for now
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

@orionz06 we need some speedloader pouches/scabbards, jox hasn’t been doing them for a while.
    He may just be working on a couple of different things based on input/ideas from a couple of people who are P-F members.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Any more details for those of us who need longer to convince our wiv... er, longer to plan?
    Just finalizing things now. Right now it’s looking like early October in Lacrosse, WI. Two and a half days - Friday night OC useage and Pre-fight management, then two days of using small pistols that many people carry in NPE and stricter concealment in a counter-assault role and integrated with H2H methods for the everyday person. Probably less than 500 rounds of live fire, but you will also get an opportunity to run guns that are different than your normal carry, i.e. if you carry a snub, you will get a chance to run something like a G42 and vice versa.

Most likely a couple more weeks and we will have registration links up. I will probably put it up here before it goes on social media to give members here first dibs.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Just finalizing things now. Right now it’s looking like early October in Lacrosse, WI. Two and a half days - Friday night OC useage and Pre-fight management, then two days of using small pistols that many people carry in NPE and stricter concealment in a counter-assault role and integrated with H2H methods for the everyday person. Probably less than 500 rounds of live fire, but you will also get an opportunity to run guns that are different than your normal carry, i.e. if you carry a snub, you will get a chance to run something like a G42 and vice versa.

Most likely a couple more weeks and we will have registration links up. I will probably put it up here before it goes on social media to give members here first dibs.
    I’m so in for this.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post

Man...all my fun money's getting used up this year for wedding/honeymoon shenanigans, but that sounds awesome.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Do I need the Wilson spring kit for the GP100?

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...prod26186.aspx
    No. Find the link I PM'ed you several weeks back and do that stuff first. I did it to the MC and feel no need for a lighter spring.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I did it to the MC and feel no need for a lighter spring.
    I'm flying blind here, but if this is about reduced power springs, I will add my $0.02 on them in a GP-100, though it may not pertain 100% to a Match Champion version. While I generally end up putting a lighter spring in any Ruger revolver out of habit, it is usually only (nominally) one step lighter than the factory spring, yet it is still a tradeoff which I am never certain is worth making. From the standpoint of reliably detonating most primers, I am not too concerned based on my track record over the years.

The issue specific to the many GP-100s that have come and gone as well as the single example here now is that, rightly or wrongly, I "FEEL" like the hammer takes an eternity to fall with any lighter spring. I know that the lock time difference is probably miniscule in the larger scheme of things, yet I feel like a lighter spring lets me time that big old Geep hammer's fall with a calendar. It may be a psychological issue that only I possess... but if so, I don't have it after fiddling with - for example - an SP101.

Whether consulting a source like Kevin's Workbench, Iowegian's Book of Knowledge (IBOK) or something else, deburring and careful, minimal stoning or polishing of some surfaces has often worked wonders on the Ruger DA revolvers we have had, and once the current pet GP-100 has enough rounds through it, this crazy cat may re-install the factory hammer spring just so he can return to emotional stasis.
    Last edited by gato naranja; 01-03-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

User Tag List