Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Well won this last night, folks. Time to accumulate speedloaders, speedloader pouches, holsters, brass, and bullets.

Attachment 65504
    Congrats, LL!

The Comp 2's suggested above are a decent speedloader but, if you can deal with the greater bulk and price, Jetloaders are faster and not reliant on gravity to function:

https://www.pistoleer.com/jetloader/

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'll go against the grain and say at least try the OEM grips before you order the compacts. I have both. I prefer the more plow-handle-ish OEM grip but it obviously doesn't conceal quite as well. It's prettier, though, and it feels better to me. And it's prettier.

I do have the compacts on my MC. The gigantic honking 2x4 that comes OEM on those is not well suited for concealment and also changes the grip angle vs every other GP100.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'll go against the grain and say at least try the OEM grips before you order the compacts. I have both. I prefer the more plow-handle-ish OEM grip but it obviously doesn't conceal quite as well. It's prettier, though, and it feels better to me. And it's prettier.
    Nice!

My 3” 10mm came with the compact grips like Swamp Yank’s gun in post #213 leading to some abuse of the knuckle of my middle finger with my XL paws. I went to the nylon Hogue “Monogrip” and it conceals well under a T-shirt in a JMCK iwb holster for summertime carry. A co-worker bought an early WC with the grip you’re getting and it seemed like a good grip the one time I shot it.

Yes
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Congrats LL! Enjoy learning your new revolver.

Dave

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Well won this last night, folks. Time to accumulate speedloaders, speedloader pouches, holsters, brass, and bullets.

Attachment 65504
    Outstanding!! My vote is for Comp-IIs; good all-around for matches and carrying. The "split belt" carriers are terrific for them.

(About the only reason I haven't looked for one is that I have three K-frame snubbies {2.5" and 3"}, so I really don't need another gun for which I'd have to spring for holsters and speedloaders).
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 12-31-2020 at 01:20 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Outstanding!! My vote is for Comp-IIs; good all-around for matches and carrying. The "split belt" carriers are terrific for them.

(About the only reason I haven't looked for one is that I have three K-frame snubbies {2.5" and 3"}, so I really don't need another gun for which I'd have t spring for holsters and speedloaders).
    Back when I was shopping for my m66 I was very tempted by the 3" WCs but the ability to use my existing holsters and speedloaders won out. Starting out, I think LL made the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by swampyank33 View Post
    WC, if it were me!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Attachment 65504
    Color me Jealous. This was the year I was gonna do a WC in .357 and 10MM to go with my 3 inch .44. The 3 inch GPs have found a special place in my heart. Congarts on being able to snag that.

Damned covid.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    If you set up a search, you may occasionally find Jet Loaders on fleabay and not pay too much.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

The Hogue 80010 non finger groove grips are also worth considering. Just stick with rubber to get the most out of that grip peg arrangement.

http://instagram.com/p/BSzPHsxjquL/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List