Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

RUGER GP100 TALO 357 MAGNUM 3" 7 ROUND HI VIS SIGHT 1790 BRAND NEW - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 901984825

Not a bad price and I would be all over it but the gun fund is recovering from a snake bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    I didn't think it was a nut. I thought it was just a threaded insert in the grip panel on the opposite side.

Tightening screws all around is part of my revolver cleaning routine, at least until I decide it's ok to apply blue loctite to some of them.

I think the tiny screw underneath the cylinder release has a reputation for backing out, too.

Topic drift: I'm seeing a 7-shot, 3 inch, blued, adjustable sight Talo new with a couple of GB dealers now. Model #1790. Interesting.

Edit: Looks it's really it's a 2.5" 6-shot but some of the dealers have it spec'd wrong. The only picture of a real revolver I see is a 6-shot. Still interesting.
    Nut = Highly technical term used to describe a piece of hardware that is threaded internally.

1) 2.5 OZ heavier than the Smith 66-8 2.75" I've been eyeballing

2) Would use the passel of GP100 speed loaders I already have.

3) Sack Peterson makes stag inserts for those grips.

I wonder how that would ride AIWB in a JMCK rig...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I wonder how that would ride AIWB in a JMCK rig...
    It rides just fine. I used my JMCK and my WCGP100 in Tom's revolver class in April.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    It rides just fine. I used my JMCK and my WCGP100 in Tom's revolver class in April.
    Yeah, there were two 3" revolvers drawn from JMCK holsters working on the same target that day.

That 1790 with a 3" barrel and Turnbull CCH would without question be my "happy 50th Birthday to me" present. Then I'd collect enough different inserts for the full and compact rubber grips to make Barbie's shoe collection look reasonable.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I fondled got my hands on a 1790 about a half hour ago. I confirmed the model number on the box and it is a 6 shot, 3” barrel. Shop wanted $820+tax which would total out less than the GB price after shipping, tax plus CC and xfer fees. I didn’t get it because I’m chasing other wants right now but it is very tempting.

Aesthetically, I think I’m wanting a 3.5” barrel so there’s a full 3” past the frame but that’s just an aesthetic quibble based on a build I’ve been brainstorming for fun.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Yeah, there were two 3" revolvers drawn from JMCK holsters working on the same target that day.
    I think the target was better hit on your rotation!

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    That 1790 with a 3" barrel and Turnbull CCH would without question be my "happy 50th Birthday to me" present. Then I'd collect enough different inserts for the full and compact rubber grips to make Barbie's shoe collection look reasonable.
    The thing with GP100 inserts is that they are damn near impulse buy money.

A set of Sack's work will cost you $80.

Chig's grips are typically under $50.

Having a "carry rotation" of different pistols to match a person's mood, probably isn't a good idea, but with the help of a screw driver, you could go from having a stag kinda day to a boxwood elder burl kinda day in only a minute or two.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Are these still the smart buy for loading up training ammo or should I go cast and coated for slightly more? @03RN @dsa

https://www.snscasting.com/38-357-15...38_158swc_500/
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Are these still the smart buy for loading up training ammo or should I go cast and coated for slightly more? @03RN @dsa

https://www.snscasting.com/38-357-15...38_158swc_500/
    What powder do you have? Coated broadens the parameters of matching bullet hardness to the speed and temperature of the powder used; you still need to get adequate obturation to prevent leading/gas checking. However, if you have a proven load and plenty of powder, save some $ and go with wax lubed bullets. That 158gr SWC has been around a long time and there are lots of proven loads for it.

User Tag List