Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Site Supporter
    It's probably because I remember buying Flat-top old model Blackhawks and Security-Sixes for a couple hundred bucks, but seeing a Ruger revolver selling for over $1K makes me cringe. More power to the seller and buyer if they're both happy but that's just out of my wheel house. LOL

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    It's probably because I remember buying Flat-top old model Blackhawks and Security-Sixes for a couple hundred bucks, but seeing a Ruger revolver selling for over $1K makes me cringe. More power to the seller and buyer if they're both happy but that's just out of my wheel house. LOL

Dave
    I’m with you. That caveat aside, welcome to the new normal. Have you seen the buy it now stickers for, say, a G45 on Gunbroker? $750 for a basic 9mm Glock?

The world has gone full on mid-volstead act over firearms and ammo purchasing, despite the current legality. But yeah, I’ve bought enough used GPs at 45 percent that sticker that I’m left shaking my head over the current state of the wheelgunner union.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Have you seen the buy it now stickers for, say, a G45 on Gunbroker? $750 for a basic 9mm Glock?
    Yeah, I will admit one of the things that appealed to me about my favored M&Ps was buying the last two for like $409, and I was ready to buy a few more right before I went on furlough. Now I am back on payroll but they are $580 now, and I already have the seven of them I really need....

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Yeah, I will admit one of the things that appealed to me about my favored M&Ps was buying the last two for like $409, and I was ready to buy a few more right before I went on furlough. Now I am back on payroll but they are $580 now, and I already have the seven of them I really need....
    One for you, one for your partner, one for each child, one for the office, one for each car... it adds up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    One for you, one for your partner, one for each child, one for the office, one for each car... it adds up quickly.
    Small, Medium, Large, Supersize...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Champagne taste...
    My gp100 bids this week have been stunningly ineffective.

Site Supporter
    47 pages later, and I still don't know whether to look for a WC Ruger or work on a 66-8. My only revolver is a .45 Colt SAA clone that I casually load for using a Lee hand set. I went from carrying Glocks with a purposefully rolling break to falling in love with Beretta 92s over the last 2 years. I carry a 92X G with a Langdon dot slide and still have my first Beretta 92FS I put all the Langdon goodies in as my back up to my 92X that I train with and carry.

I've always been fascinated by the Golden age of revolvers in the 20th century and spend hours reading places like this and the works of DB and such. I know the market is horrific right now, but someone talk me out of getting a 2.75 Model 66 and an All Chin mount with one of my Holosun 407s on it. I wouldn't have a problem with the internal lock with a plug in it, but I am absolutely spoiled by my Beretta DA triggers.

I'd be very interested in a 3" GP100 but I haven't seen an RMR mount for it with good reviews yet.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    My gp100 bids this week have been stunningly ineffective.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/893350312
    #RESIST

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    47 pages later, and I still don't know whether to look for a WC Ruger or work on a 66-8.
    I'm not going to talk you out of either one.

I'm still kicking myself in the ass for passing up on a used 66-8 a few years ago.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    47 pages later, and I still don't know whether to look for a WC Ruger or work on a 66-8. My only revolver is a .45 Colt SAA clone that I casually load for using a Lee hand set. I went from carrying Glocks with a purposefully rolling break to falling in love with Beretta 92s over the last 2 years. I carry a 92X G with a Langdon dot slide and still have my first Beretta 92FS I put all the Langdon goodies in as my back up to my 92X that I train with and carry.

I've always been fascinated by the Golden age of revolvers in the 20th century and spend hours reading places like this and the works of DB and such. I know the market is horrific right now, but someone talk me out of getting a 2.75 Model 66 and an All Chin mount with one of my Holosun 407s on it. I wouldn't have a problem with the internal lock with a plug in it, but I am absolutely spoiled by my Beretta DA triggers.

I'd be very interested in a 3" GP100 but I haven't seen an RMR mount for it with good reviews yet.
    My m66-8 has a better trigger than my berettas that Ive made above average.

User Tag List