Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 472

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

  1. #1

    LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

    Is the 627 PC too big for carry? Not a good first revolver?
    #RESIST

  2. #2
    There's a couple -- which barrel length were you referring to?
    Hainít we got all the fools in town on our side? And ainít that a big enough majority in any town?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    There's a couple -- which barrel length were you referring to?
    Uh, the one good enough for carry and shooting? This is a very generalized thread.
    #RESIST

  4. #4
    I have one, bought from my buddies shop when it was traded in on something else. It's got a big cylinder... Never carried it as I never got a holster made for it but it shouldn't be any worse than carrying any other N frame. Beast is heavy tho... IIRC Darryl Bolke advocates for this gun or one similar as a car gun....IE big revolver stoked with .357 car killers tucked under the leg while driving for road shenanigans....
    "If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism." - Thomas Sowell

    "A Republic, if you can keep it" - Ben Franklin

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    I have one, bought from my buddies shop when it was traded in on something else. It's got a big cylinder... Never carried it as I never got a holster made for it but it shouldn't be any worse than carrying any other N frame. Beast is heavy tho... IIRC Darryl Bolke advocates for this gun or one similar as a car gun....IE big revolver stoked with .357 car killers tucked under the leg while driving for road shenanigans....
    OK, I'll scratch this one.
    #RESIST

  6. #6
    Are seven and eight shot revolvers generally considered too big for carry, or just eight shot ones?
    #RESIST

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Are seven and eight shot revolvers generally considered too big for carry, or just eight shot ones?
    I carry a 7 shot 586 L-comp, those are fine, albeit a bit on the large side. Doable with the right holster selection. The 8 shots are really big, the cylinder diameter is just huge, and I wouldn't really want to try and carry one. That being said, Smif makes a 627 PC with a 2.6 inch barrel that I've had in and out of my cart on a bunch of occasions.
    I shot the PX4 before it was cool.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I carry a 7 shot 586 L-comp, those are fine, albeit a bit on the large side. Doable with the right holster selection. The 8 shots are really big, the cylinder diameter is just huge, and I wouldn't really want to try and carry one. That being said, Smif makes a 627 PC with a 2.6 inch barrel that I've had in and out of my cart on a bunch of occasions.
    What would you recommend for a fairly skinny member of the #AIWBMasterRace ?
    #RESIST

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    What would you recommend for a fairly skinny member of the #AIWBMasterRace ?
    For holsters? JM Custom Kydex all day every day. And honestly, this L-frame I carry is really easy to conceal with my holster. Tony and I worked out the details on this specific rig and now he offers it as a catalog option.
    I shot the PX4 before it was cool.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    For holsters? JM Custom Kydex all day every day. And honestly, this L-frame I carry is really easy to conceal with my holster. Tony and I worked out the details on this specific rig and now he offers it as a catalog option.
    No, for pistol choice for carry and training. I already knew about JM Custom
    #RESIST

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •