Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I’d be interested in a 3” six shot .357/.38 with a Novak rear and plunger interchangeable front sight. Whatever the cheapest version of OEM grips is because I’d be swapping them out for Hogue nylon. Perhaps some type of system to direct mount an RDO to the top strap as the “PF Special”?
    If you go with the standard GP adjustable rear sight you can use the Weigand mount that replaces the rear sight.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    http://www.novaksights.com/Detail.as...11282&CAT=9509

I will place this here its an adjustable Novak rear for a gp series, they also have a version with the tritium bar at the base.

Jason
    I’d forgotten about that sight and
    1) I’ve talked with the guy at Novak’s that developed it. He was justifiably proud of the design.
    2) I’ve broken a couple OEM Ruger sights.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    If you go with the standard GP adjustable rear sight you can use the Weigand mount that replaces the rear sight.
    But you have enough flat metal in front of the sight to actually bolt an RDO to the gun and retain a set of irons.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’d be down with a 3”, stainless, 6-shot, adjustable rear, quick change front, with the compact Lett stocks. If the front came with a brass bead as a default, that would be even better. Like you said, the odds of getting enough people together for an order would be pretty unlikely, especially since there will be people disagreeing over the configuration.
    The 1708 model is a 3", adjustable rear (never know when ammo is hard to get, if you're going to have to change weight, ammo availability), quick change front. Unfortunately, my understanding is it comes with the Hogue finger groove grip. On my gun, earlier, I used up a Amazon gift certificate to get the Hiviz sight and the no finger groove grip. I am too cheap to just buy the Lett's grips (never handled them, so no idea about them), but did find old stock on Ebay, of the brass front sight. Unfortunately, it is somewhere in a package, between the two houses (one day a week to move and moving myself, sucks). After getting it, I would really like to see the brass bead, replaced with a real gold bead. The brass doesn't seem real bright to me in all situations (wondering about polishing it).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I’d forgotten about that sight and
    1) I’ve talked with the guy at Novak’s that developed it. He was justifiably proud of the design.
    2) I’ve broken a couple OEM Ruger sights.

But you have enough flat metal in front of the sight to actually bolt an RDO to the gun and retain a set of irons.

This gun. With the match champion stocks. I would buy blue or stainless.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Pretty close here, except being a 7 shot cylinder:

https://www.ruger.com/products/gp100...eets/1782.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post

I looked around a little, not available anywhere that I could find, of course.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    The 1708 model is a 3", adjustable rear (never know when ammo is hard to get, if you're going to have to change weight, ammo availability), quick change front. Unfortunately, my understanding is it comes with the Hogue finger groove grip. On my gun, earlier, I used up a Amazon gift certificate to get the Hiviz sight and the no finger groove grip. I am too cheap to just buy the Lett's grips (never handled them, so no idea about them), but did find old stock on Ebay, of the brass front sight. Unfortunately, it is somewhere in a package, between the two houses (one day a week to move and moving myself, sucks). After getting it, I would really like to see the brass bead, replaced with a real gold bead. The brass doesn't seem real bright to me in all situations (wondering about polishing it).
    I wasn’t able to find the 1708 model on the Ruger website. Has it been discontinued?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post

Unless Ruger has fixed the ammo sensitivity in regards to rim thickness/rim diameter, the 7 shot models are a no-go for me unfortunately.

I wasn’t able to find the 1708 model on the Ruger website. Has it been discontinued?
    Only produced for a short time around 2010-2015 and then discontinued IIRC.

I wouldn’t expect to see anything like what we want in any significant numbers unless someone like Lipsey’s gets involved and/or Ruger quits making money hand over fist selling semi autos.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Yes.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List