Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

If they would just produce another run of the 3" 6-shot Wiley Clapp in stainless, that would be enough for me to look at breaking the piggy bank.

If I could get all wish-list with it, use the brass bead front sight from the blued WC instead of the fiber optic. Seems like everybody has the same complaint as me -- the FO is a misshapen blob in the sight picture.

I would prefer an adjustable rear over the Novak so I could regulate 125 grain vs. 158 grain vs whatever .38 special. But the Novak isn't a deal-breaker and I could just go the other way and match the load to the sights.

I agree with 6 shots instead of 7. I like my cheap and common Comp II speedloaders.

9mm moon clips would be really, really intriguing but I'm not 100% there yet on moon clips. I see folks do mind-blowing fast reloads with them on videos and that definitely makes a case. They seem to require too much creativity answering the "How do I carry these?" question. I also see some advantages to the "top off" capability of a regular cylinder. I could be convinced otherwise -- Change My Mind.
    Last edited by Edster; 04-22-2021 at 01:05 PM.

I’d be down with a 3”, stainless, 6-shot, adjustable rear, quick change front, with the compact Lett stocks. If the front came with a brass bead as a default, that would be even better. Like you said, the odds of getting enough people together for an order would be pretty unlikely, especially since there will be people disagreeing over the configuration.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    Seems like everybody has the same complaint as me -- the FO is a misshapen blob in the sight picture.
    Mine must be defective, because I really like my FO front sight.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

There's no way in hell I d want to try 7 shot with AIWB.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Point taken. I may have over-generalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I don’t like FO sights, except the one on my 3” 10mm WC. For some reason my eyes pick it up well.

Moonclips are grand but complicate things by adding a moon/demoon tool of some sort. I haven’t found a really satisfactory EDC carry solution so I have just carried two in my right front pants pocket for several years. It’s worked well in the zero gun fights I’ve been involved in.

Being a total curmudgeon I believe revolvers should have six chambers. Five is acceptable for very small guns or very large cartridges if you must. Seven, eight or nine shots is just not normal and viewed with suspicion .

I’d be interested in a 3” six shot .357/.38 with a Novak rear and plunger interchangeable front sight. Whatever the cheapest version of OEM grips is because I’d be swapping them out for Hogue nylon. Perhaps some type of system to direct mount an RDO to the top strap as the “PF Special”?

http://www.novaksights.com/Detail.as...11282&CAT=9509

I will place this here its an adjustable Novak rear for a gp series, they also have a version with the tritium bar at the base.

Jason

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Being a total curmudgeon I believe revolvers should have six chambers. Five is acceptable for very small guns or very large cartridges if you must. Seven, eight or nine shots is just not normal and viewed with suspicion .
    Eight-shot N frames are awesome. Just sayin'.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’d be down with a 3”, stainless, 6-shot, adjustable rear, quick change front, with the compact Lett stocks.
    I'd buy one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    Seems like everybody has the same complaint as me -- the FO is a misshapen blob in the sight picture.

I fixed mine, documented here> Front Sight improvement mod on the Wiley Clapp (pistol-forum.com)

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’d be down with a 3”, stainless, 6-shot, adjustable rear, quick change front, with the compact Lett stocks.

This^^

User Tag List