Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    These handle both .38 and .357, they're looking good to me. I'm die-brand-angnostic.

https://www.amazon.com/RCBS-18212-3-...692523&sr=8-25
    Before I bought Dillon dies to go with my Dillon 550, I loaded a LOT of 38 and 357 with that dies set. They’re gtg IMO. I am not sure the Dillons I use currently are really any better either.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    They aren't calling it a Wiley Clapp, but the Ruger webpage lists this.
    I guess that's how they got around the "only 2500 being produced". I knew I remembered reading they were only making 2500 blued and 2500 stainless, so I just googled "GP100 Wiley Clapp 2500" and got all the original sales ads from around the time of release.

The Ruger 1753 GP100 Wiley Clapp II TALO Limited Edition Revolver in .357 Magnum features a 3-inch heavy barrel, Hawkeye matte blue finish, rubber one piece checkered grip with Ruger and WC logos, rear Novak sight, front Novak brass bead sight, an overall length of 8.5 inches, an unloaded weight of 36 oz, and a 6 round capacity. TALO Limited Edition 1 of 2500.
    Features: Talo Spl Edtn- Wiley Clapp Influenced The Design

Only 2500 Being Produced
    TALO Limited Edition 1 of 2500.
    Etc.

They didn't even change the SKU, just dropped the name. Seems dishonest of Talo, honestly. Ah well.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Lee has at various times labeled the die sets differently, with a different caliber being written in large print and the others in small print on the insert. As far as I know they never made a die that couldn't do both (and .357 Maximum) or that the paper that came with it didn't tell you how to do both. Currently they make the ".38 Special...can be used for .357 Magnum" version. The dies themselves are stamped .38 special but the papers say "can be used for .357 Magnum" in smaller print after ".38 Special" in larger print. Older versions gave the magnum cartridge the bigger billing.

See this example of the older packaging:

That said, I'm sure I don't know every product variation Lee has made, so maybe some were just labeled .357 Magnum at some point. Regardless, they would have been compatible by just backing them out a little. Same for .44 Magnum/Special. Same dies, different depths.
    The seating die on that set would not seat or crimp properly for .38 Special, no matter what adjustments I made.

Site Supporter
    Tempting...

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/one-day...34506?ref=eios

Fly in to Dallas, meet Serious and several others at Hard 8, drive down to Lincoln. Fucking avoid Austin, it sucks. See if you can get HCM to come up.

There’s also one in Racine in July; the Dells are fun for the whole family in the summer.
    There's always space in the guest room here at Rancho Serious. Come for the training, stay for the BBQ and whiskey.

It would actually be a lot of fun to drive down to Karl's place for the pistol class with Tom. Let me know if you decide to do it.

As an aside, that is the Thursday before Greg Ellifritz's Close Range Gunfighting and Collapse Medicine class outside Little Rock. I will be attending that one.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Unfortunately for us, both of those guys are working full time now. I haven't heard any hints of upcoming classes. +1 on the other recommendations.
    I had lunch with Wayne yesterday. They are working on scheduling. COVID restrictions really, really impacted the range they use for classes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Before I bought Dillon dies to go with my Dillon 550, I loaded a LOT of 38 and 357 with that dies set. They’re gtg IMO. I am not sure the Dillons I use currently are really any better either.
    I use the Dillon crimp die with my RCBS set in my 550 since it requires a separate crimp die.

I’d prefer a more durable finish, but that’s purty.
    #RESIST

Make sure you get a carbide sizing die. I still lube with Hornady One Shot. My Dillon Dies are marked 38/357.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Make sure you get a carbide sizing die.
    + a gazillion.

User Tag List