Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    There's no way in hell I d want to try 7 shot with AIWB.
    I'm reasonably sure the outside diameter of the 7-shot GP100 cylinder is the same as the 6-shot cylinder. My objection to the 7-shot model is that they may or may not have solved the rimrock issue, and my giant pile of Comp II and Comp III speed loaders wouldn't fit it.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    My objection to the 7-shot model is that they may or may not have solved the rimrock issue, and my giant pile of Comp II and Comp III speed loaders wouldn't fit it.
    This. I am staying with 6-shootin’ GP100 .357 revolvin’ pistols, for these reasons.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I'm reasonably sure the outside diameter of the 7-shot GP100 cylinder is the same as the 6-shot cylinder. My objection to the 7-shot model is that they may or may not have solved the rimrock issue, and my giant pile of Comp II and Comp III speed loaders wouldn't fit it.
    The outside diameter of the early 7-shot GP100s was the same as the six shot, 1.545". The late production cylinders were bumped up to 1.555", the same diameter as the S&W 7-shots. I'm doubtful anyone would notice the extra one-hundredth of an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotundra View Post
    Waiting on these to finally be produced...
    http://www.taloinc.com/ruger-firearm...s-refresh-1789
    If the issues with the 7 round cylinder have been fixed, that gun would be pretty slick. I’d still prefer an adjustable rear but I’m sure Talo has a better idea of what actually sells than I do.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by vtfarmer View Post
    The outside diameter of the early 7-shot GP100s was the same as the six shot, 1.545". The late production cylinders were bumped up to 1.555", the same diameter as the S&W 7-shots.
    I wonder if that was the solution to the rim lock issue?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  53.1 KB
    #RESIST

^^^That revolver looks like it has been sticking in Vulcan’s ass.

Which is a good thing.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Stop flexin' on us poors
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    ^^^That revolver looks like it has been sticking in Vulcan’s ass.

Which is a good thing.
    It’s been cleaned a coupla times, I just keep shooting it.
    #RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Stop flexin' on us poors
    It's not flexin' until he shows us the plywood target backer.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List