Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Folks, you’ve got the ultimate “utilitarian” barrel, with its angular ejector rod cutout, rectangular full length lug, “read the manual” billboard,” and plunger tube front sight; the world’s bulkiest cylinder—which is great for durability, mind—and that matte-look trigger guard stuck on a single piece of color canvas, complete with “optional” machine-carved grips that can’t stand up to the figure on the frame. It’s a continuity nightmare.

Some of you are engaged in the revolver equivalent of jerking off to a platypus—not that there’s anything wrong with that, @RevolverRob.

(Now that said, I’m the guy who also likes the “carryhawk,” a piece that is definitely weirder, so everyone’s taste is different. But at least that steampunk wheelie is weird all in one direction).

This thread needs a palate cleanser; here’s a “heritage” S&W to show how ‘retro’ can look:
    While I dont like those grips either the matte trigger guard and color case hardened frame has been here for a while.
    Name:  115C-Restored-Colt-Frontier-Six-Shooter-99625_IMG_8536-2000x1333.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  68.2 KB

Folks, you’ve got the ultimate “utilitarian” barrel, with its angular ejector rod cutout, rectangular full length lug, “read the manual” billboard,” and plunger tube front sight; the world’s bulkiest cylinder—which is great for durability, mind—and that matte-look trigger guard stuck on a single piece of color canvas, complete with “optional” machine-carved grips that can’t stand up to the figure on the frame. It’s a continuity nightmare.

Some of you are engaged in the revolver equivalent of jerking off to a platypus—not that there’s anything wrong with that, @RevolverRob.

(Now that said, I’m the guy who also likes the “carryhawk,” a piece that is definitely weirder, so everyone’s taste is different. But at least that steampunk wheelie is weird all in one direction).

This thread needs a palate cleanser; here’s a “heritage” S&W to show how ‘retro’ can look:
    Positively indecent. And proof that there is someone within phonecall range of the Springfield factory that knows how to do the old-style bluing. The only addition I might think wise would be a steel Pachmayr or Tyler T-grip done up in Straw or Fire bluing (Think classic Luger) to set off the metal finishes further.

LL, you did good! I am thinking of much the same revolver for myself, and am looking forward to your impressions when you get hold of the thing.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    whoa.... very cool holster! Which one is that? My kydex-fu is weak...

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    whoa.... very cool holster! Which one is that? My kydex-fu is weak...
    Jmcustom

Some of you are engaged in the revolver equivalent of jerking off to a platypus
    You are responsible for all this coffee on my keyboard and the burnt tissue in my nose...

Finally shipped! It should be at @Hansohn Brothers on Monday.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Sweet! Did you ever find dies? I you haven't I could send you mine until you can get some in. I don't plan on loading .38/.357 anytime soon. They are Lee carbide 4 die set.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I give it a week before this place changes to “Revolver-Forum.com”

The mods will still be the same shit though.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Sweet! Did you ever find dies? I you haven't I could send you mine until you can get some in. I don't plan on loading .38/.357 anytime soon. They are Lee carbide 4 die set.
    I did, thanks. They’re taking a while to ship, but so are my bullets.
    #RESIST

User Tag List