Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    a car gun....IE big revolver stoked with .357 car killers tucked under the leg while driving for road shenanigans....
    Sorry if this has already been addressed, didn't read through entire thread.

If the road shenanigans involve evasive maneuvering, or crashes, the revolver tucked under the leg may not be a good idea.

If you recall, one of the FBI agents in the Miami shootout had his revolver tucked under his leg and it was dislodged and fell into the foot well area of the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Deleted. Frigging software keeps flipping the frelling image.
    I don’t now why this works but it does. Even if the picture is right side up in your phone just edit and rotate it 360 degrees and save it. Then when you attach it here it’s right side up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Sorry if this has already been addressed, didn't read through entire thread.

If the road shenanigans involve evasive maneuvering, or crashes, the revolver tucked under the leg may not be a good idea.

If you recall, one of the FBI agents in the Miami shootout had his revolver tucked under his leg and it was dislodged and fell into the foot well area of the vehicle.
    I'm not gonna speak for DB and I might not have quite understood his usage, but the way I interpreted his " car gun" is that it is a separate gun specifically used while in the car vice trying to access your concealed on body pistol, thus leaving that gun for once you are away from the car itself. Having your only gun under your leg would not be a good idea for all the reasons you described....
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Apparently, it's not terribly hard to legally form a church. The Church would need a site for services, like a range with a classroom. We'd have to designate some works as religious texts, ordain ministers and so on. Then going to the range could be a religious service or practice.

Hmm. This could be doable.
    Sacred sites for pilgrimage should be included too, shouldn't they? Like the original Patterson factory, the OK Corral, where else?

The ministers could have meditative retreats at important places like Salmon Idaho.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I'm not gonna speak for DB and I might not have quite understood his usage, but the way I interpreted his " car gun" is that it is a separate gun specifically used while in the car vice trying to access your concealed on body pistol, thus leaving that gun for once you are away from the car itself. Having your only gun under your leg would not be a good idea for all the reasons you described....
    One good use for a fanny/waist pack is for something you wear while driving a car, with a heater inside of it. You can run the seatbelt under the pack so your innards don't get rearranged in a crash.

Regarding Jox loaders: He is currently not taking orders. "But JOX pouches" came up on my list of gun stuff to buy, and I was super disappoint. Hopefully he will figure out his supply issues. If I was friendly enough with a mid-size Kydex bender, I'd try to make some introductions and see if they could work out something agreeable. So that's a subtle hint to some of you.

The First Unitarian Reformed Church of the Revolver might be just enough to tempt me back into organized religion.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'm not gonna speak for DB and I might not have quite understood his usage, but the way I interpreted his " car gun" is that it is a separate gun specifically used while in the car vice trying to access your concealed on body pistol, thus leaving that gun for once you are away from the car itself.
    That's how I was taught it. It's still got issues, of course, not least of which is if you have to make a hasty exit from the car you've likely left an unsecured gun there. It would be against policy these days.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That's how I was taught it. It's still got issues, of course, not least of which is if you have to make a hasty exit from the car you've likely left an unsecured gun there. It would be against policy these days.
    My first two patrol cars were Crown Vics (a ‘00 and an ‘02), and they both had pockets on the front of the seat cushion that were perfect for a “car gun.” I kept a 642 in there that was hidden from view but easily accessible.

The ideal role for the P7, as we worked in class.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    My first two patrol cars were Crown Vics (a ‘00 and an ‘02)
    OT, but, shit’s probably still out there racking up miles. There’s a flute player in town with an 01 or 02 Vic trade with the A-pillar spotlight on it, repainted plain white. TBH, it always kinda creeps me out when people with no connection to LE drive surplus Vics, but I get why this dude bought it: most people have no idea that odometer readings go that high. Maybe late 70s diesel benzes or late 90s Lexus ES300s... or late 60/70s GMC 4106 buses with the 8v-71 diesel... but otherwise, the panther rules. If you want to drive the same car until the US constitution gets re-written, at least.

Anyways, don’t mind me, cary on, carry on...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Unfortunately for us, both of those guys are working full time now. I haven't heard any hints of upcoming classes. +1 on the other recommendations.
    Revolver Round Up will be big this year. Date not firm, but going to be YUGE.

Also, October in Wisconsin there will be a class with DB, Chuck Haggard and some doofus who like to roll around with sweaty guys teaching a class that is not revolver specific, but will be exceptionally revolver friendly.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List