Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Between my wife and I, we have eight 329 revolvers, most worked over lightly by Hamilton Bowen. At one time, they were the handgun of choice for AK bush pilots. We had some dedicated to .44 Special for practice, as the Special loads took a shorter front sight, even with the adjustable rear. We had others for the heavy .44 Special Keith load. Most were for the Garrett magnum load designed for the Scandium and Mountain guns. These were no fun to shoot. Once I shot a mule deer buck up the butt from 42 yards and complete penetration of the deer lengthwise. Oh, my most heinous one was a 329 PD, which was the short barrel variant that I shoehorned K frame boot grips on.
    I threw up a little in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    I wouldn't recommend it. Nearly century-old steel, with turn-of-the-last century heat-treating, would steer me away from trying.
    Or no heat treat at all. S&W only began heat treating the 1917's about half way through the World War One production. I forget which month and year but I've seen the memo to start heat treating them on one of the history sites (just don't remember which).

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Check out @jetfire ‘s IG page. He conceals a 3” L/ACRO combo just fine and he’s not a real big guy.
    I am in fact quite smol, but the holster/belt/gun combo of 586 L-Comp, ACRO, and JM Custom Kydex does conceal very well. I certainly can't rock it under a fitted dress shirt or something like that, but for my daily costume of untucked polo/t-shirt it's pretty easy. One note, the hardest part to conceal on the gun isn't the ACRO, it's the enormous round-to-square butt conversion grips I have on it. Which are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I am in fact quite smol, but the holster/belt/gun combo of 586 L-Comp, ACRO, and JM Custom Kydex does conceal very well. I certainly can't rock it under a fitted dress shirt or something like that, but for my daily costume of untucked polo/t-shirt it's pretty easy. One note, the hardest part to conceal on the gun isn't the ACRO, it's the enormous round-to-square butt conversion grips I have on it. Which are awesome.
    How are you carrying a speedloader?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    How are you carrying a speedloader?
    On the occasion that I carry a reload, which is rare because I'd rather carry my clinch pick, it goes at like 11 o'clock in a comp-tac pouch under the untucked shirt. Conceals just fine. But I don't really carry a reload.

On the occasion that I carry a reload, which is rare because I'd rather carry my clinch pick, it goes at like 11 o'clock in a comp-tac pouch under the untucked shirt. Conceals just fine. But I don't really carry a reload.
    The Clinch Pick is a “reload.”

Edited to add: Mightier than a reload, if an attacker is dumb enough to get within touching distance. When SouthNarc demo’ed the pre-production Clinch Pick and Disciple, at the 2004-ish Blade Show, a realization hit me. THIS was close-quarters fighting; get INSIDE the opponent’s reach, on purpose, rather than “create distance.” If the opponent creates the “close” part, embrace the closeness!
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-30-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Could you elaborate on the “in a comp-tac pouch” part?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Could you elaborate on the “in a comp-tac pouch” part?
    This little guy: https://comp-tac.com/revolver-speed-...lder-comp-tac/

Depending on what pants I'm wearing, I can wear it OWB or IWB, and it's pretty easy to conceal. Even the bigass 7 shot loads don't eat up a lot of belt space.

What's your thought process on that? Not even a speed strip?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    [/COLOR]
    What's your thought process on that? Not even a speed strip?
    Rex G nailed it above - for all intents and purposes, the clinch pick is my "reload" and it's a lot faster to get to than fumble farting around with a speed strip. The best reason I ever heard to carry a revolver reload was so I don't have to be standing in a c-store parking lot waiting for the cops with a mostly empty gun and a dead guy next to me. I accept the general logic of that premise, however when I'm dealing with risk calculation vs available space on my 30 inch waist, the knife almost always wins over a reload.

Plus, the entire idea of carrying a revolver as a primary is an affectation. For what the 586 L-Comp weighs and how big it is, I could just as easily carry a 9mm APX with a 20 round mag chock full of HSTs.

User Tag List