Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancel Culture Goes Conservative: Black Rifle Coffee Company

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I feel like this is a high noise low signal event at the moment.
    That seems to be the way everything works in media now. Social, MSM, AM radio, whatever.

You get “headlines” like “people are mad that female mandolorians have boobs in their armor” only to take the (click) bait and come to find out that it’s just one hairy-armpit twat with some instatwittertok followers who posted a video bitching about it, and then five hundred basement-dwelling hoopleheads “reacting” and giving it legs.

Same thing with “Trump supporters are mad at...” or “women are offended by...” or whatever. It’s not an actual issue, these people are reporting on the indignance.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Sometimes life gets in the way of the things you enjoy. Due to life- I’ve not been able to train for a long time and haven’t been active on PF.

This thread evolving reminds of how much I missed the forum. From BRCC to whiskey!

Now that life is stabilized and we completed our move to St Louis- I need to get that card out and renew my membership!
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I really like the taste of Bustelo but I can't figure out how to make it in my Mr. Coffee without the pot ending up with an inch of mud in it. [emoji16]
    Are you using a paper filter, or gold? I’ve never had an issue with cheap paper filters, and I make this stuff every day.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Are you using a paper filter, or gold? I’ve never had an issue with cheap paper filters, and I make this stuff every day.
    Paper.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    In Germany, it's getting to be time for Christmas beer - 10% ABV and tasty. I spoke with the owner of the local craft brewery and he's aware of it but doesn't think he could sell enough to justify making a batch. Most beer geeks around here want it to be either hoppy or fruity.

A seven-minute pils would be worth the flight to Germany.
    I miss Glühwein (spelling? @P30). As a kid I got to sneak a sip or two if my parents weren’t looking. Definitely need to get back to Germany when the covid dies down. Maybe Oktoberfest time or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    IPAs were once not half bad. Then the beer morons got ahold of them and decided to take the nastiest of the flavors and amp it up and some kind of proof-of-moron emperors-new-clothes shit and utterly ruined them. Now you can’t even order one for feet it’ll be some over-hopped little-dick beer-hippie garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I don’t want to “know what I’m ordering” nor do I want to talk to the arrogant dipshit behind the bar with his ironic mustache and hideous gauged ears. It’s like taking the advice of a guy that works a gun counter for fucks sake.

Beer has been ruined. I know this because housewives are into it now.

Like Facebook.

Want to really “cancel” BRCC? Get the housewives into it.
    I knew I had a meme saved somewhere in my phone about hipster beers.

Name:  ZomboMeme 27112020073139.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  76.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I miss Glühwein (spelling?
    Purrfect!

I'm also more into (good!) Glühwein than into beer. And wine and Glenmorangie and grappa.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    Purrfect!

I'm also more into (good!) Glühwein than into beer. And wine and Glenmorangie and grappa.
    I'm much more into beer (when asked if I like red or white wine better, I usually respond with "I like my wine black and foamy on top"), but Glühwein is special and yummy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    Purrfect!

My last trip to Germany/Austria my colleague turned me on to zirbenschnaps. His elderly neighbor made his own. Really good stuff

I agree that IPA has been ruined by overzealousness. On the rare occasion I drink beer these days it's usually Porters and Stouts. Although Revolver’s Blood and Honey is pretty good too.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    My last trip to Germany/Austria my colleague turned me on to zirbenschnaps. His elderly neighbor made his own. Really good stuff
    I had to google that. Sounds like something I would try with a raised eyebrow expecting weirdness and then probably end up liking.

User Tag List