Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancel Culture Goes Conservative: Black Rifle Coffee Company

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.
    What you did there, see it, I did.

Back on topic: @revchuck38 Bustelo in Keurig cups you say? Interesting...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I have no idea what a "conservative" is anymore. Used to be free trade, smaller government footprint, national security including our allies. Most folks around me who self identify as conservative now are very enthusiastic about a big Federal footprint run by their guy and they are straight up opposed to the other two. Similarly RINO has lost all meaning IMO for the same reasons.
    This.

I don't even claim the republican party anymore, nor conservative for that matter. When my oldest daughter tries to pin me down on my political leanings, I respond that I'm in the "Leave Me The Hell Alone" party and our motto is "Don't Be Meddlesome". Some of my believes/leanings would have "Republicans/Conservatives" brand me as "liberal", while the opposite is true for "Democrats/Liberals". Either way, I try to remain as consistent as possible that the only good government is less government even if I don't 100% agree with the subject matter (there are things I do not approve of, but would not use the power of the government's gun to stop or control).

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Frum is from a class of conservatives who fell out of favor with the current crew and mindset. Thus, to make a living, they sold themselves to Democrat oriented media as their 'house' anti-Trump person. The media hire all kinds of folks to hold a view they want. Santorum became CNN's pet Trump advocate. Just show biz.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I think they were always conservatives in name only.
    Frum - I knew his sister in college, I think she is now a senator in Canada, which is sort of like being Honorary Assistant to the Regional Manager. She started the conservative student newspaper as a counter to the (literally) communist official student paper (of which Charles Krauthammer was editor way back when, well before my time). I wrote a few pieces for it. She seemed like a good egg.

Something like 15 years ago the fam and I were staying at a hotel in Toronto, and I found myself standing next to David Frum as we waited for our cars to be brought around. He wrote for National Review in those days, I recognized him, we chatted for a bit, and exchanged a few emails thereafter, mostly on immigration; he was very anti, I was very pro, and I argued that the conservative position was rightly pro. He is one of the smartest guys around but he has become a very, very, very strange, dark bird. Or perhaps he always was and the burden of hiding it became too much to bear.

Cancel culture is pretty vile, but I don't think corporate cancel culture is as effective as they hope it will be. Companies like BRCC, My Pillow, Flex Seal, John Wayne Airport or whoever they're mad at today will lose some sales but they'll bounce back. Our attention spans are trash and we forget easily. Just the other day, the Dixie Chicks came on and I didn't even turn the station.

Also, some of my posts were unnecessary in this thread. @TGS

Name:  Friends Shaking Hands Through Pants Zipper 25112020055828.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  50.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    So much truth!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I have no idea what a "conservative" is anymore. Used to be free trade, smaller government footprint, national security including our allies. Most folks around me who self identify as conservative now are very enthusiastic about a big Federal footprint run by their guy and they are straight up opposed to the other two. Similarly RINO has lost all meaning IMO for the same reasons.

So very true. In the same vein, Liberal used to imply an adherence to enlightenment values. Like free speech and equal protection under the law. Now that’s laughable.

The sociopathic, octogenarian, charlatans who lead us still use these terms because they haven’t caught up with the political realignment.

I’ll still drink BRC. I don’t need someone to agree with me on every aspect of life or I cancel them. Prominently featuring ARs in your marketing and culture is a political statement in and of itself in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Just the other day, the Dixie Chicks came on and I didn't even turn the station.
    I would have changed the station and then filed a police report because it meant someone had broken into my truck and turned on a country or top 40 station...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Prominently featuring ARs in your marketing and culture is a political statement in and of itself in 2020.
    Given how vilified ARs have been in the media over the last 5-10 years, it's arguably a very strong political statement.

User Tag List