Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancel Culture Goes Conservative: Black Rifle Coffee Company

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    That is one of the videos I watched when I was trying to make it work. I even have that exact coffee maker. Maybe it is supposed to be muddy.
    It works well for cold brew with careful pouring and filtering. When I use it in a French press, I don't get too aggressive drinking to the bottom of the cup.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    That ain't Purple Haze, THIS is Purple Haze:

Attachment 63687Attachment 63687
    I used to frequent a bottle shop where lost bets between staff were settled by the loser drinking this Purple Haze.

Sorry, beer snobs, y'know. 😉
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Chicory is fine if your under Union Blockade and can’t get actual coffe, but last I heard the blockade ended over 150 years ago.
    Chicory coffee is an acquired taste. So is good whiskey. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Long ago we liked the Community Chicory blend.... I think they called it New Orleans Blend, but, maybe not.

These days we like the Sumatran stuff, from Sprouts, espresso grind, brewed in a Bialetti. I take it straight from the pot with a bit of sweetener, sometimes a dollop of half n half. Wife makes Americano out of it. Both happy.

I was on the road a few months ago and came up 2 days short on espresso for my travel size Bialetti. After turning down the hoidy-crafty stuff at Whole Foods, I stopped by a Food Lion and picked up a brick of Cafe Bustelo Espresso. If you like STRONG espresso, you'll like this stuff. Definitely what I would call a "Latin Roast". Very Cuban/Puerto Rican, IMO. I liked it a lot. Too strong for WifeGBiv. And bonus... It's cheap.
    https://www.cafebustelo.com/en/coffe...so-style-brick
    Bustelo is good stuff, I use it to make coffee rather than espresso. My usual, though, is Community Dark Roast. In Louisiana, only card-carrying Communists don't drink Community Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    It works well for cold brew with careful pouring and filtering. When I use it in a French press, I don't get too aggressive drinking to the bottom of the cup.
    Okay this thread inspired me. I just tried it again but only made eight cups. So far so good.

I drink around 3 mugs of Folger's regular blend everyday. No cream, sugar, or milk. My coffee pot kicks on at the same time my alarm goes off. It's a regular old coffee pot making plain blacl coffee. It's not a whiz bang steampress french hand turned special pour contraption. It's the same as my Grandparents drank it, my parent's used to drink it (they nilonger drink coffee), and the way it should be drank.

I've drank a ton of other stuff, but regular folgers ia just my honest preference. I kinda get bugged when people act like it's because I havent tried their italian special roasted singe barrel bullshit blend or whatever. I've tried plenty and I like what I like. Im a simple guy, let me like my damn coffee without playing it off as some kind of inferior.

As far as veteran culture... I think its largely a good thing. I don't really wear the clothes and I'm not a bro-vet but I appreciate the community they offer to many who needs it. I don't buy or dress in BRCC gear. I have googled looking for a folger's logo unstructured hat in the past though.

Edit: I've fixed so much spelling in this post it's embarrassing. It's probably still ripe with flaws. Long day, and I'm not fixing it more. Forgive me.
    Last edited by Cory; 11-24-2020 at 10:09 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I really like the taste of Bustelo but I can't figure out how to make it in my Mr. Coffee without the pot ending up with an inch of mud in it. [emoji16]
    I make it just like regular coffee and have no problem. I use a paper filter, one of those brass screen ones would let the fine grounds through.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I've tried plenty and I like what I like. Im a simple guy, let me like my damn coffee without playing it off as some kind of inferior.
    I've personally really enjoyed trying a bunch of different varieties. It's kind of the same between coffee and beer for me that way, but if Folgers (or Coors light) is your jam, then keep on enjoying it, though I reserve the right to scorn you for drinking bad beer.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I make it just like regular coffee and have no problem. I use a paper filter, one of those brass screen ones would let the fine grounds through.
    I think I messed up before by trying to make twelve cups. I just made eight cups and it turned out just fine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911nerd View Post
    Bustelo is carried by Walmart in many places (CA I believe, certainly NY/CT/MA).
    My local Walmart has it in cans, bricks, and Keurig.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I've personally really enjoyed trying a bunch of different varieties. It's kind of the same between coffee and beer for me that way, but if Folgers (or Coors light) is your jam, then keep on enjoying it, though I reserve the right to scorn you for drinking bad beer.
    That's okay though. I drink good beer. Mostly barrel aged stuff.

I just dislike when others make out as if I like Folgers because I haven't tried other stuff. It's like saying "you only dislike IPAs because their an acquired taste and you haven't tried enough" ya know? Isn't it possible I've tried a ton and just like porters and stouts but don't like IPAs?

User Tag List