Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancel Culture Goes Conservative: Black Rifle Coffee Company

The Dixie Chicks have already cancelled themselves...and renamed themselves The Chicks.

I understand that Betty Friedan and Gloria Steinem are in hot pursuit of them for their transgressions.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I would have changed the station and then filed a police report because it meant someone had broken into my truck and turned on a country or top 40 station...
    It was neither a country nor top 40 station.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    So very true. In the same vein, Liberal used to imply an adherence to enlightenment values. Like free speech and equal protection under the law. Now that’s laughable.

The sociopathic, octogenarian, charlatans who lead us still use these terms because they haven’t caught up with the political realignment.

I’ll still drink BRC. I don’t need someone to agree with me on every aspect of life or I cancel them. Prominently featuring ARs in your marketing and culture is a political statement in and of itself in 2020.
    Reminds me of a story I heard on NPR one day while on a long drive years (in fact decades) ago.

It was an interview with the author of a book about his family's history of liberalism. His great grandfather was a member of Congress in the pre-New Deal era, and was considered one of the most liberal members of that congress. But liberal meant anti consolidation of power then. These are the types who went after Standard Oil.

When he read the legislation for the new deal, he was horrified. It was a massive centralization of power in the Fed government, and he was against that. Thus overnight he went from being the most liberal members of Congress to one of the most conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    It was neither a country nor top 40 station.
    Egads, please don’t let them be taking over classical music or sports talk stations.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Bustelo and Cafe Caribe were essentials in Miami for 17 years. We still pick them up here from time to time. At least Bustelo. I don't think I've seen Cafe Caribe in our grocery.
    Haven't seen Cafe Caribe but the Publix carries Bustelo, Cafe La Llave, and Cafe El Aguila around here. My shop in Miami was 100% Bustello (and, consequently, my house was too), but some of the folks would bring their own espresso in for Cafecitos. You learned which departments to be in when the afternoon pick-me-up came around. Only place I've ever worked where espresso machines outnumbered drip coffee machines. Never found out if carpal tunnel from making the espumita was eligible from workman's comp though.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Haven't seen Cafe Caribe but the Publix carries Bustelo, Cafe La Llave, and Cafe El Aguila around here. My shop in Miami was 100% Bustello (and, consequently, my house was too), but some of the folks would bring their own espresso in for Cafecitos. You learned which departments to be in when the afternoon pick-me-up came around. Only place I've ever worked where espresso machines outnumbered drip coffee machines. Never found out if carpal tunnel from making the espumita was eligible from workman's comp though.
    In Miami, if you couldn't find a cop or agent on the road, you knew where your next stop was. And if you were on Calle Ocho, it might be prudent to check the cigar factories, especially on Friday. (Don't ask how I know...)

Geissele got to feel the wrath of the internet last week too. No one was calling for Mr. Bill to be canceled, but they got meme'd into another dimension over the pricing of mags on their website.

They posted their USGI mags with Geissele floor plate for $22/each. A quick zoom of the IG photo would reveal the D&H Industries cage code 04QT4. PSA, BCM, and others routinely sell these with their own floor plate for around $8-9/each. After getting hammered in the comments, and tagged in about 4 million memes, they put up an apology post and dropped the price down to $12/ea, which is more in line with what others are charging for D&H mags in this climate.

Now, I wasn't mad at Mr. Bill over the cost of the mags, just like I wasn't mad when they introduced the Super Stabby 1913 bayonet mount for $150 or the Geissele 2 point slings for $169. I believe in capitalism, and I believe you can charge whatever you think your product is worth or what you think people will be willing to pay for it. If the price is fair, I'll buy it. If it's not, I won't.

What this showed is that the internet is a very powerful tool. All it took was a couple dozen autistic edgelord meme pages to embarrass them enough to knock a Hamilton off the price 24 hours later.

Site Supporter
    But...but...I thought that metal GI mags were the devil incarnate and would automatically get you killt in da streetz!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    But...but...I thought that metal GI mags were the devil incarnate and would automatically get you killt in da streetz!
    Especially those guys going searching for replacement parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    That's okay though. I drink good beer. Mostly barrel aged stuff.

I just dislike when others make out as if I like Folgers because I haven't tried other stuff. It's like saying "you only dislike IPAs because their an acquired taste and you haven't tried enough" ya know? Isn't it possible I've tried a ton and just like porters and stouts but don't like IPAs?
    IPAs were once not half bad. Then the beer morons got ahold of them and decided to take the nastiest of the flavors and amp it up and some kind of proof-of-moron emperors-new-clothes shit and utterly ruined them. Now you can’t even order one for feet it’ll be some over-hopped little-dick beer-hippie garbage.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List