Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 215

Thread: Cancel Culture Goes Conservative: Black Rifle Coffee Company

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    At any rate, I don’t like seeing the spread of cancel culture anywhere—that’s a goddamn cancer on the liver of society, right there.
    While I agree with the sentiment, I believe anyone that believes that and voted against Trump has a moral obligation to stand up against the various activists that try to cancel normal people, even more than those that might have voted for Trump. They didn't want Trump, which is understandable, but then they need to police their own parties. I see way more cancellation from one side, and am not looking forward to the policies being put forth and the activists being placed into administrative positions from the incoming admin.

  2. #32
    10.3" Master Race TGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    "The Grim"
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    You seem to be taking this way too personal. Did Mat Best refuse your advances?
    What, I'm the only one that has a wallet photo of this?

    Name:  matbest.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  4.5 KB

    In full disclosure, I bought 3 boxes of the Thin Blue Line promo line about a year or two ago to put in the command post at my last assignment. Morale boost for people is a plus, same reason someone bought a big stash of it for here as well.

    I just think that flexing on people for how they're not snobby about coffee is....strange, in a very beta-male soy boy way.

    I'm just some dude that drank black coffee on night shift, so McD's or folgers was fine by me as long as it's not burnt, there's no spit in it, and I generally don't have to worry about getting shiv'd while ordering compared to the place in the other direction.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

  3. #33
    40 Year Old Glock Boomer Casual Friday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I've had ONE sip from one cup, brewed from a bag I got at Cabelas.

    Not impressed.


    Okie John
    I get a bag of it every year for Christmas from a family member. It always tastes stale, like it's been open and unused a while. I don't know how long they sit on the stuff or how long it lingers in the distribution chain, but I've never had one that was even remotely fresh.

  4. #34
    reeducation dropout blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns
    Jeez, you guys make a fella want to drink Folger's. (No, I don't...and I don't drink BRCC either.)

    And when Titus Welliver convinced my wife to try Death Wish Coffee, we weren't impressed with it either, despite liking him in Bosch and Brooklyn South.
    Every day in America is Festivus...Now With Even More Airing of Grievances and Wrestling!

  5. #35
    40 Year Old Glock Boomer Casual Friday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What, I'm the only one that has a wallet photo of this?

    Name:  matbest.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  4.5 KB

    In full disclosure, I bought 3 boxes of the Thin Blue Line promo line about a year or two ago to put in the command post at my last assignment. Morale boost for people is a plus, same reason someone bought a big stash of it for here as well.

    I just think that flexing on people for how they're not snobby about coffee is....strange, in a very beta-male soy boy way.

    I'm just some dude that drank black coffee on night shift, so McD's or folgers was fine by me as long as it's not burnt, there's no spit in it, and I generally don't have to worry about getting shiv'd while ordering compared to the place in the other direction.
    I don't know man, linking to sex toys is a pretty beta asshurt soy boy thing to do, but you do you. This actually seems more like some weird kind of internet grudge you're dragging around. I seem to recall you taking issue sometime in the last few months with something I posted, but I can't remember what it was and I don't care enough to investigate further.

    See, I'm not even a coffee snob, nor am I flexing or attempting to. Flexing would be me bragging about spending a bunch of money on Kona and having it shipped here, or that kind of coffee that the little monkeys eat the beans and shit them out and they roast them, which is supposed to be a delicacy. I just buy a dark roast from a local roaster and it's not even as expensive as some of the off the shelf grocery store brands. It just tastes good.

    Regardless, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

  6. #36
    OK, let's knock off the personal stuff. Please.

  7. #37
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Does any here do handmade mugs or personally know somebody who does? I will pay two hundred dollars if someone could do something similar to one of their black mugs but with a 92 and the LTT logo instead of an M4 and the BRCC logo.

    I will take some pictures later when I can stop at home to show what I am talking about.

  8. #38
    10.3" Master Race TGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    "The Grim"
    Whoa whoa whoa, a little pushback and now it's a personal grudge getting dragged around which necessitates moderator intervention?

    Here I thought we were just shitposting. I even went and drew up a meme with a pretentious guy sticking out his pinky declaring how pedestrian it is to drink BRCC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Does any here do handmade mugs or personally know somebody who does? I will pay two hundred dollars if someone could do something similar to one of their black mugs but with a 92 and the LTT logo instead of an M4 and the BRCC logo.

    I will take some pictures later when I can stop at home to show what I am talking about.
    I bet this is something you could have done on Etsy. There's some 2A friendly artisans there....I even got spent cases turned into cufflinks for my groomsmen.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

  9. #39
    Site Supporter ccmdfd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southeastern NC
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Jeez, you guys make a fella want to drink Folger's. (No, I don't...and I don't drink BRCC either.)

    And when Titus Welliver convinced my wife to try Death Wish Coffee, we weren't impressed with it either, despite liking him in Bosch and Brooklyn South.
    So what brand have you two settled on?

  10. #40
    Knows Not The Platypus RevolverRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baddest Part of Town...
    I admit, I definitely like fresh coffee and strong. I get my stuff delivered from a mom and pop shop in Texas. They roast, grind, and vacuum bag it, box and ship it to me. When I open my bag it's been roasted and ground less than a week before. They try to spread their bean sourcing around to various countries and operate within the Fair Trade network. Which I prefer, because it guarantees more profits to independent farmers in those countries.

    I don't buy BRCC, because BRCC relies on marketing, not actual information about the coffee. Coffee isn't complex or anything, but I like to know where the bean is from, when it was roasted, etc. BRCC provides virtually none of that information. They're selling an image, not coffee. That's cool, I'm buying coffee not an image.

    ___

    FYI - You're way more likely to get good coffee from McD's than Starbucks, because McD's moves through its drip coffee grounds quickly. Starbucks does not, because people mainly go there and order espresso. Think of it like ordering 'above the kitchen'. You don't go to a steak house and order a tofu salad. Don't go to Starbucks and order drip coffee.
    Seriously guys, are we not doing 'phrasing' anymore?

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •