Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 215

Thread: Cancel Culture Goes Conservative: Black Rifle Coffee Company

  1. #1

    Cancel Culture Goes Conservative: Black Rifle Coffee Company

    It pains me to link to the Daily Beast but: https://www.thedailybeast.com/black-...le-rittenhouse

    People are losing their minds.

  2. #2
    BRCC shouldn't have had their name attached to that piece of shit David Frum.
    #RESIST

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    It pains me to link to the Daily Beast but: https://www.thedailybeast.com/black-...le-rittenhouse

    People are losing their minds.
    Also, that article is deeply flawed and very slanted. What happened is that folks got mad when BRCC refused to support Rittenhouse (fine by me, they don't have to support anyone), but then donation data was dug up showing that the founder of BRCC donated to Obama (and McCain) (again, fine by me). However, they should have known better than to do this: https://kickasspoliticspreview1.libs...-trumpocalypse

    David Frum is a "Republican" that is vehemently antigun and of course, a rabid NeverTrumper. Case closed.
    #RESIST

  4. #4
    Knows Not The Platypus RevolverRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baddest Part of Town...
    Who cares? This is why I don't buy gun-branded shit, anyways.

    Where is @Tom_Jones when you need him? Well, I'll jump on this - So which one is Taran and which one is Jade?
    Seriously guys, are we not doing 'phrasing' anymore?

  5. #5
    Site Supporter AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Alaska
    One only needs to spend time reading Coffee or Die, BRCC's online news and lifestyle webpage to understand that they are a complicated company that weaves back and forth between the right and the left view points. They undeniably love (and profit) off of veterans and that's o.k. by me. They also realize that Vets and their families are not always conservatives (also fine by me).

    I spent a day this summer with Ethan Rocke (Author and senior editor for Coffee or Die) when he was sent on assignment up to Alaska to film Tim Montana and his band for a feature for BRCC. Ethan is a good enough dude, and while he spouts theories of journalistic integrity, he is definitely a left leaning libertarian. He is a Trump must go at all costs sort of guy and he seemed obsessed with it in my limited time following him on social media.

    You can also see that others they hire for their media presence have some left leaning tendencies.

    BRCC is walking a very difficult marketing line of trying to bring Vets, Conservatives, and Hipsters into one group and it's going to have a bumpy road doing so. I like their coffee well enough, but I just get my free samples from my sources and move on. I'm not paying their elevated prices for their product.

  6. #6
    King of Craft Clusterfrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Redneck wonderland
    "“We’re not in the business of profiting from tragedy,” the CEO of the gun-themed coffee company said. “We’re not in the business of profiting from this event. We have zero interest in collecting one dollar from any of this. It is ethically inappropriate for us to do so, or even give the perception [of profiting].”
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/black-...le-rittenhouse

    I'm 100% okay with this statement. It's an example that all businesses should follow, but instead most continue to virtue signal for profit. It makes me want to buy some Black Rifle Coffee.

    As for Kyle R, he is a counterexample that every gun owner, or future gun owner can use as an example of what not to do. I bet it was hard for Mat Best not to not say more about this dangerous, irresponsible idiot. Good on him for taking the high road.
    "BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You don’t really graduate from certain problems or certain things… like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    "“We’re not in the business of profiting from tragedy,” the CEO of the gun-themed coffee company said. “We’re not in the business of profiting from this event. We have zero interest in collecting one dollar from any of this. It is ethically inappropriate for us to do so, or even give the perception [of profiting].”
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/black-...le-rittenhouse

    I'm 100% okay with this statement. It's an example that all businesses should follow, but instead most continue to virtue signal for profit. It makes me want to buy some Black Rifle Coffee.

    As for Kyle R, he is a counterexample that every gun owner, or future gun owner can use as an example of what not to do. I bet it was hard for Mat Best not to not say more about this dangerous, irresponsible idiot. Good on him for taking the high road.
    Again, the David Frum thing is what bothers me.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...eption/595450/
    #RESIST

  8. #8
    happy sharps enabler Totem Polar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    PacNW
    Evan Hafer is the CEO of BRCC. That said, I think the response is measured and appropriate.

    As an aside, I suspect that Evan is probably a decent dude. I know that he stepped up as an angel to help my buddy Matt Graham get his watch company on the map, just because they did work together in the past. That, and the fact that BRC prints money.

    At any rate, I don’t like seeing the spread of cancel culture anywhere—that’s a goddamn cancer on the liver of society, right there.

  9. #9
    AR-14 Enthusiast fatdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Central Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski;
    David Frum is a "Republican" that is vehemently antigun and of course, a rabid NeverTrumper. Case closed.
    Also a Canadian. Somebody who fit the mold of what NPR thinks a Conservative "should be" which is why he got hired there, sorta the same thing as Brooks at the NYT, not a real conservative by any definition, ever. Now writing for one of the most left wing magazines on the market, the Atlantic. His views make Mitt Romney and William Weld look like radical right wingers.

  10. #10
    40 Year Old Glock Boomer Casual Friday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    BRCC is the Olive Garden of coffee. Don't @ me.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •