Thread: RFI Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical Grip Compatibility

Site Supporter

RFI Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical Grip Compatibility

Good People:

I have been commissioned to texture a set of polymer grips for Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical.

My question is this-Does this pistol use the "original" Beretta 92/96 Series Grips. While the Beretta website seems to indicate that it does (Replacement plastic grips for Models 92FS/96.(Set of 2) Grip screws not included. Fits: 96 - 92FS - 92A1 - M9 - M9A1 - Brigadier - Centurion - Elite) I thought I would ask those who might know first hand.

Thank you in advance for indulging my question.

https://www.amazon.com/Beretta-92FS-...6181690&sr=8-5
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

The grips you linked are compatible with a Brig Tac.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Thank you for the info.

Happy Thanksgiving

DB
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Hey David, is there any supplier that makes Beretta 92 grips with the same material that your 1911 grips are made from?

Site Supporter
    EVP

I do not think so. My tapered base grips are a glass filled nylon polymer as per the manufacturer. The glass filling gives them significant tensile strength over a nylon only composition.

Most of the grips for Berettas I have seen seem to be G10 ( a great material so long as you do not sand and inhale), rubber and plastics that I presume have less "glass" in them as the OEM ones I have seen them flex more and are less forgiving when textured, particularly in the "standard 92/96" range. I have had great success in texturing the OEM Beretta polymer grip panel.

I confess I have only textured a few sets of Vertex/M3 and the alternative OEM Beretta grips on such an infrequent basis I simply do not recall their characteristics beyond recalling I was able to texture them without any "warping" that was not addressed when the grip panel was screwed down and the customers seemed happy. In every case, I am sure I worked on a customer supplied grip.

When I work on a customer supplied grip, we talk before I do the work. If the customer is not happy, I refund my texturing fee less shipping. I do not however refund any money for the customer supplied grips themselves.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Indeed, the Wilson BrigTac does use standard 92 grips; I have one and have put regular grips on it. I wound up swapping to full size Wilsons; the thin ones it ships with is ok, but I have XL sized hands, so...

User Tag List