Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LTT 92 compact single sided decocker

No, sorry I didn't explain well. On the new style G the right side lever portion can be machined away. Approximately at the red line.
    G lever cut by craig stuard, on Flickr
    But the remaining small cylinder shaped part must stay since the spring is inside there. In this pic the spring at the lower left fits inside the lever at the left.
    https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/
    Here you can see new style on the left and old style on the right.
    20190608_085813 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    The old style right side lever could be removed by pushing out the two small pins. The gun functions just fine w/o the right side lever.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    No, sorry I didn't explain well. On the new style G the right side lever portion can be machined away. Approximately at the red line.
    G lever cut by craig stuard, on Flickr
    But the remaining small cylinder shaped part must stay since the spring is inside there. In this pic the spring at the lower left fits inside the lever at the left.
    https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/
    Here you can see new style on the left and old style on the right.
    20190608_085813 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    The old style right side lever could be removed by pushing out the two small pins. The gun functions just fine w/o the right side lever.
    Thank you for the clarity. I had a older 92a1 and did a g conversion. I had thought the right side lever was multiple pieces but could not remember. The lever is pretty huge and can definitely see it printing. Too bad there is not a easier fix for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think folks (Langdon comes to mind) have measured the new lever and reported it is no wider than the original 92FS lever. It just looks like it is wider.

And fwiw the wilson low pro lever cannot be machined to be a G

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    No, it will work with what I call a “Classic” G model but not the current G model. You’ll have to get the slide machined by Wilson to get that part to work. Another company that used to do that work, actually did it befor Wilson, is Allegheny Gun Works. I don’t know if they’re still in business. Before Wilson got in the game and LTT started doing work again, AGW was the place Beretta dudes sent 92s to get magic done on them.
    AGW is still doing their thing. https://alleghenyarms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I think folks (Langdon comes to mind) have measured the new lever and reported it is no wider than the original 92FS lever. It just looks like it is wider.
    This is correct. I don't remember the #s from when I measured them, and the difference is only maybe .020-.030 inch, but the new version is definitely narrower. That sure surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    And fwiw the wilson low pro lever cannot be machined to be a G
    I have a single sided Wilson decocker on my classic G (I believe that’s the term we’re using now) and it’s virtually flush with the slide. Will try to get a pic up in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have a single sided Wilson decocker on my classic G (I believe that’s the term we’re using now) and it’s virtually flush with the slide. Will try to get a pic up in a bit.
    Name:  07B8A42B-DCA5-4C33-A6B9-BA4FDEEE2B86.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  25.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    On a side note, I mentioned in a thread how others will say that the new design is no wider then the old design and it does not impact concealment. It in fact does print more then the old designs when worn AIWB for me. I would strongly prefer a lo pro single sided decocker lever.

It may be the same width as the old style G levers, but it is the shape and edges of it that print for some in AIWB(similar to a Glocks back corner of the slide)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Name:  07B8A42B-DCA5-4C33-A6B9-BA4FDEEE2B86.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  25.8 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2020-11-28-08-53-43.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  21.3 KB

I was referring to the left side.

User Tag List