Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Congresswoman from Rifle, CO Allowed to Carry at Capitol

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Not exactly the same demographic but yeah I’d say toss it out. I’m not one for the creating unique classes of citizens exempt from certain laws or given special permissions within the law.

But discussion of LEOSA would be better suited for its own topic, which I think has been covered here before.
    I was compelled to poke that bear... Did not intend a thread drift.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Her carrying a gun is part of her shtick...It is all part of a act, or character, a marketing ploy. Role playing at its finest I suppose. None of it is a serious attempt at anything other than " look at me!!!!" It's no different than most other open carry advocates attempts to project their chosen self image in public. Most of them just as sadly pathetic as this one as well.
    Nothing wrong with a pretty woman carrying a gun...

I'm guessing the drop leg thing started out being easier to use while carrying trays of food around. Or, maybe just a fashion statement that became a trademark. As long as she does it safely, to each their own.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks there's some intentional kinky undertone to her choosing a complete leather rig, straps and all?
    Yeah but we’ve seen how that can play out
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Am I the only one that thinks there's some intentional kinky undertone to her choosing a complete leather rig, straps and all?
    Looks like a brown leather field holster with a black leather strap kit to convert it into a thigh rig. A Google search returns images of her wearing other thigh rigs, some conversions and some not. In most of them, either she poses to keep the pistol visible or the photographer chooses an angle that keeps it visible. Pre-campaign images of her working in her restaurant show her wearing a SERPA high-ride rig.

I think her goal is conspicuous (as opposed to concealed) carry. A thigh rig keeps her pistol visible and she can wear a fitted blazer without the pistol looking like she's wearing a colostomy bag underneath it. That look is probably a big hit with small-town Colorado voters who are sick of being governed by a bunch of hippies in Denver.

What's intentionally kinky is FOX using an image of her in tight jeans then cropping it to show only her crotch with the holster.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 11-24-2020 at 11:44 AM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    So we should do away with LEOSA?

No, we should get that campaign promise of national reciprocity for everyone.

As far as in jails, courtrooms, legislative sessions I see the point of restricting carry. How could you have a fair jury trial with camps of armed parties in the crowd? Not the same thing as a judge carrying under their robes and armed prison guards aren't the same as armed prison visitors. Outside of those sorts of special situations, though, I don't think there should be this sort of inequality.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Hey, I wouldn't kick her out of bed, unless she ate crackers. But if she's all into the leather, maybe I can forgive the crackers.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I do. I support her enthusiasm wholeheartedly, but she carries a gun like she's completely clueless about its use. I hope I'm wrong. Somebody needs to offer up some training for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Nothing wrong with a pretty woman carrying a gun...

I'm guessing the drop leg thing started out being easier to use while carrying trays of food around. Or, maybe just a fashion statement that became a trademark. As long as she does it safely, to each their own.
    So, if you guys look at the image from the story @Totem Polar linked to - she is carrying in a high-ride hip holster that looks to be of decent quality (Galco?). I ASSume the thigh-rig she is pictured wearing at a political rally is as someone else mentioned, role playing her image. If she is carrying when working in Congress, I also ASSume it will not be in a chintzy drop-leg rig, but much more likely concealed. She certainly won't be wearing jeans and a flannel shirt to her job in Congress.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    A Glock - well, she will probably have a ND as it doesn't have a safety!
    We can't have our legislators walking around half cocked.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    We can't have our legislators walking around half cocked.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Banned

In this campaign ad her holster is barely visible (covered by the banner) in the first part of the ad but gone in the second. FWIW she did another ad in a skin tight blue dress that REALLY emphasized her tits. It ran for a couple of days then they edited in the same banner over her boobs.

I think she wanted her base to see the trademark holster but she didn't want to throw it in anyone else's face.

I said it in the other discussion but she has stated that she never intended to carry a gun but there was a murder in the alley behind her restaurant and she started carrying. In the early news stories she's carrying an XD.

I had a chance to ask her about the SERPA (via PM) and she made it very clear that she loves her SERPA and anybody who's ever shot themselves in the foot because of one was an idiot and it wasn't the holster's fault. I don't think she has much more training than her basic concealed handgun permit class.

According to a news report I read she was born in Florida and grew up in Denver in a single parent home. Her mother was on welfare. She dropped out of high school and got her GED so she could get a full time job at McDonald's at 15. According to her that job taught her the value of hard work and money. Her husband is an oil field worker. They own another restaurant called "Putter's Grill" at the Rifle golf club.
    Last edited by Cypher; 11-25-2020 at 03:07 PM.

She gives me a Sarah Palin vibe in terms of playing to the audience. Maybe I'm being too harsh.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List