Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Congresswoman from Rifle, CO Allowed to Carry at Capitol

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We have to hope that the R's hold on to the Senate so we can get four more years of this:

There you go again, posting Marx bros content knowing you'll get an automatic like from me.

Does nobody else remember the thread here on her restaurant?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....lost-yet/page3

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Does nobody else remember the thread here on her restaurant?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....lost-yet/page3
    I do. I support her enthusiasm wholeheartedly, but she carries a gun like she's completely clueless about its use. I hope I'm wrong. Somebody needs to offer up some training for her.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks there's some intentional kinky undertone to her choosing a complete leather rig, straps and all?
    I didn't key in on the leather per se, but I always have suspicions that drop rigs carried by the fairer sex lacking practical reasons (armor) are a kind of cosplay, Tomb Raider, "look at my hips" kinda thing. Although I suppose it could be standard issue derp.

Her carrying a gun is part of her shtick...It is all part of a act, or character, a marketing ploy. Role playing at its finest I suppose. None of it is a serious attempt at anything other than " look at me!!!!" It's no different than most other open carry advocates attempts to project their chosen self image in public. Most of them just as sadly pathetic as this one as well.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    It's awe-inspiring to see lawmakers explicitly exempt from laws they help create/enact.
    Yeah that’s my big takeaway here. If she wants to carry, fine whatever but it should be allowed to be done by any other member of the public. Our representatives should not be allowed exemption from such laws restricting carry. They are not “betters”, they’re supposed to be servants of the people who chose them and subject to the same laws.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Yeah that’s my big takeaway here. If she wants to carry, fine whatever but it should be allowed to be done by any other member of the public. Our representatives should not be allowed exemption from such laws restricting carry. They are not “betters”, they’re supposed to be servants of the people who chose them and subject to the same laws.
    So we should do away with LEOSA?

Name:  peepwall.gif
Views: 200
Size:  4.0 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

Now you're playing with fire, my former friend.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

Not exactly the same demographic but yeah I’d say toss it out. I’m not one for the creating unique classes of citizens exempt from certain laws or given special permissions within the law.

But discussion of LEOSA would be better suited for its own topic, which I think has been covered here before.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Now you're playing with fire, my former friend.
    I actually benefit from a recent carve-out from our 30.06/30.07 laws. These are the rules that specify signage (and penalties) required to prohibit concealed and open carry in TX. In 2015 TX legislature added a "defense to prosecution" clause to 30.06/.07 for the benefit of "volunteer emergency services personnel". So I can CC or OC past those signs without fear of prosecution. I would never OC past such a sign, that would be stupid.

I certainly wouldn't want that carve out to go away, but, I would like for every law abiding citizen to be able to carry most everywhere.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List