Thread: 2 Wheel Scooters

2 Wheel Scooters

Does anyone have one? My wife thinks she wants one to ride around the community.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    Does anyone have one? My wife thinks she wants one to ride around the community.
    Are y’all looking at gas or electric and what sort of range is she looking for? Does she want to be traffic like riding a Vespa, or would an electric bicycle do everything she wants to do?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Are y’all looking at gas or electric and what sort of range is she looking for? Does she want to be traffic like riding a Vespa, or would an electric bicycle do everything she wants to do?
    Usually 50cc and below you don't need a motorcycle license. Those typically top out around 30mph. If you want to keep up with traffic that's a consideration -- you may have to go bigger and get a license.

No traffic or license required. It would. Of be taken out the roads, Really just to ride around the community probably many short trips total of 10 -20 miles.
    either gas or electric would be OK we now have an electric golf cart that works.

She would like to have something fun to ride around when I take off on the golf cart and we don’t need 2 golf carts.

Vespa may work I don’t want to spend much more than that but some of the $1000 scooters just looked to small and slow.

If she likes the classic scooter styling and 50cc is enough, the Honda Metropolitan might be worth a look. Vespas are pricy.

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    Vespa may work I don’t want to spend much more than that but some of the $1000 scooters just looked to small and slow.
    Slow caught my eye. I hope she plans to wear a helmet, because you don't have to be going fast to have significant head trauma. A trip and fall can do it.

Scooter info. By the boatload.

https://advrider.com/f/forums/battle-scooters.36/

How about 543 pages of scooter girls,

https://advrider.com/f/threads/scooter-girls.754171/
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    If you live anywhere that has hills, 50cc is gonna be a pain. I have actually witnessed someone on a Little Rascal (a mobility scooter) pass a 50cc scooter going uphill. Just like firearms tho, be mindful of the intended purpose of your scoot. The smaller ones (Honda Metros/Ruckus) have limited cargo storage, where as the bigger cc scoots have some storage bays that could be described as cavernous. The new Honda Super Cubs are pretty nice and should be available in 50cc or 125cc. Cant really go wrong with most offerings from Honda/Yamaha. I wont tell you to avoid the Chinese clones, just do your research on them (and change the oil/tighten every bolt before riding for the first time). Vintage Italian is not the way to go unless you have some mechanic skills and love the smell of two stroke in the morning.

I am a vintage Vespa kinda a guy (6 in various states of disrepair from a stock 200cc P200 to a V50 special bored out to 130cc) with zero mechanical competence, so I own money pits.

User Tag List