Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Congresswoman from Rifle, CO Allowed to Carry at Capitol

Site Supporter

New Congresswoman from Rifle, CO Allowed to Carry at Capitol

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Well, ain't she a pistol.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    A Glock - well, she will probably have a ND as it doesn't have a safety! Yes, indeed - that's it.

If I were a legislator or governmental executive branch, I would carry.

Site Supporter
    I’d be far more impressed if she did this quietly and it never hit the news, and I never found out about it.

Name:  05D1A371-369A-463D-A242-7914AC2DAD26.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  42.8 KB
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    But for it fitting "our" narrative, one might want to point out that is a craptastic thigh rig with craptastic retention of a glock wearing the plastic "sight" place holders it came with from Austria/GA.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    But for it fitting "our" narrative, one might want to point out that is a craptastic thigh rig with craptastic retention of a glock wearing the plastic "sight" place holders it came with from Austria/GA.

And a craptasic strap location, right where your hand needs to be when drawing, so the slow holster is even slower.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

More on congresspeople carrying:

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/11/2...itol-colorado/

“There is no standing requirement” that lawmakers notify them when they carry a firearm in the Capitol, the officials wrote. Regulations require safe storage of weapons, but “that responsibility resides with the Member,” they said.

A 1967 regulation says no federal or District of Columbia laws restricting firearms “shall prohibit any Member of Congress from maintaining firearms within the confines of his office” or “from transporting within Capitol grounds firearms unloaded and securely wrapped.”

Lawmakers may not bring weapons into the House chamber and other nearby areas, the regulations say, according to a letter Rep. Jared Huffman, D-Calif., wrote in 2018. Aides can carry lawmakers’ weapons for them on the Capitol complex, he wrote.

He said members and their staffs carry firearms around the Capitol “all the time,” though he mentioned no names. He said lawmakers keep guns in their publicly accessible offices, though building entry has been limited due to COVID-19.

It's awe-inspiring to see lawmakers explicitly exempt from laws they help create/enact.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    It's awe-inspiring to see lawmakers explicitly exempt from laws they help create/enact.
    We have to hope that the R's hold on to the Senate so we can get four more years of this:

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Am I the only one that thinks there's some intentional kinky undertone to her choosing a complete leather rig, straps and all?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List