Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
Amazon.com: Hetman Light Rotor Lubricant 11 Light: Musical Instruments

I have played with oils designed for musical instruments for off label use and have found the #11 light rotor oil to be amazing at slicking up my Benchmades. Its not sticky and doesn't attract pocket lint or dirt. The oil is very thin and doesn't seem to stick around on flat surfaces but seem to have some staying power inside the pivot joint. A drop is all it takes to get the sluggishness out so a 1 ounce bottle should last a lifetime.
This post got me to try Ultra-Pure Light Bearing Oil, which is the lube I use on my trumpet's valves (it doesn't dry out and stick my valves when I don't play for months at a time). I disassembled and cleaned my Ontario Rat 1, gave it few drops of UPLBO, and put it back together. At worst, it's as slick as it was with the light grease I used before. It might be a touch better. Another benefit is it'll work better with my slipjoints that can't be taken apart for cleaning and lubing.

I have UP's Professional Valve Oil as well, but that is a bit too thin for knives with bushings. It might be ok for bearing pivot knives.

Chris