Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knife Lube

Knife Lube

Read some good posts here and just realized I think I'm in need of some more lube for knife pivots. I bought some Mili-Tec years ago from Benchmade when that was their recommended lubricant, but it's all gone now. Chris Reeve grease on his folders, but what about the other knives? I use Sentry Solutions Tuff CLoth to coat my blades for extra corrosion protection. But what are you using to lube the pivots, Break-Free, Slip-2000, Benchmade Blue Lube?
    My apologies if this has been covered recently

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    Read some good posts here and just realized I think I'm in need of some more lube for knife pivots. I bought some Mili-Tec years ago from Benchmade when that was their recommended lubricant, but it's all gone now. Chris Reeve grease on his folders, but what about the other knives? I use Sentry Solutions Tuff CLoth to coat my blades for extra corrosion protection. But what are you using to lube the pivots, Break-Free, Slip-2000, Benchmade Blue Lube?
    My apologies if this has been covered recently
    I use what's closest...Tuf-Glide, Ballistol, SuperLube, Slip 2000 / EWL, Break Free, they all work just fine, imho. I've never taken my knives apart to grease them. YMMV.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    After watching some disassembly videos on the Nick Shabazz YT Chanel, I have been trying
    this Daiwa product. Comes pre packaged with a high precision applicator. I am happy.

I am also certain that most any light oil applied to a clean knife would work just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005112BDW...p_mob_ap_share
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Mineral oil- it's food grade, (used as a laxative), and I think it's the base of Balistol.

Tuf-glide is usually my first choice.

Site Supporter
    Ballistol. Thought a majority of my knives are fixed. I use it on my falling axes, Pulaskis, and shovels as well.

Site Supporter
    If you ever use the knife to cut food, I recommend food grade mineral oil.

Great info, forgot about the Ballistol

Eh, I'm a grubby heathen. I'll use a tiny dab of Mobil-1 synthetic and call it a day.

Lube is a shit magnet... I leave mine dry.

User Tag List