Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Accumulated Wisdom of the late Pat Rogers

Site Supporter
    I'm going to go through a lot of coffee reading those articles.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

MEGA props to you Sig & Bruce for doing this, looking forward to grinding it this wknd. & also need to get a comm. out to Bruce to see if he reached out to the fellas we discussed, BZ w/ y'all's time & effort w/ this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    This is long overdue and I apologize about the wait. I'm excited to announce that PatRogers.org is now live! The site is fairly minimal at the moment but, don't think that it ends here. This is just the beginning!

Huge thanks to @Bruce Cartwright for all of his heavy-lifting on "wrangling the cats" and connecting with people behind the scenes.
    Also a big thanks to everyone in this thread that contributed as well as DB, Wayne Dobbs, Ken Campbell, and many others that contributed to much of the content on the site.
    We have a Contributors page acknowledging anyone that's comfortable with it. If you have anything at all to contribute, we'd certainly appreciate it. You can get in touch with us at the email on the Contact page.

There is a LOT more in the works. We're planning on adding a number of new features and sections of the site to keep spreading Pat's story.
    As people start to contribute their stories of Pat, stories of their experiences in his classes, and other stories, we'll open up a blog section.
    I'm sure everyone had their own unique, memorable, experiences with him. Every one of those stories is priceless, and I strongly encourage anyone to consider telling theirs.

Also in the works:

• Gallery: Pictures from classes, events, friends, and family.
    • Changelog: This is a typical thing in the software world for providing public visibility into site updates and changes. We might end up launching something similar, in the interest of transparency.
    • Articles: Where possible, and when we have permission from copyright holders, we may republish some of Pat's articles so they're easy to find.
    • Forum Posts: We've received some initial support from at least one forum owner where Pat participated. We'll be compiling his old posts and republishing them here in some form, or at least linking to the originals.

Also, we purchased a Supporting Business membership on PF, specifically for this website. Our goal is to have a sub-forum here on PF, where we can aggregate all of the discussion about Pat. That will also give us a place to discuss site updates, brainstorm new ideas, and GROW this thing!

This has been a labor of love for me. That might sound strange, as I never had the pleasure of training with or meeting Pat. That said, thanks to Bruce and many others here, something kind of hit me hard with the beginning of this thread.
    Through the pandemic, I've been reflecting a lot on what matters in my own life, and life in general. Listening to others talk about Pat, I could feel the sense of loss in their voices. Something told me this website NEEDED to happen.
    Through building it, talking with some of you, reflecting on some of the resources some of you have provided, browsing back through Pat's old articles... hard to explain the feeling of missing someone you've never met but, I feel it.

Anyways, this is not about me. If this site can help create that feeling in others while also preserving Pat's knowledge and wisdom for future generations, we'll consider that a win!
    Folks:

When I started this quest several years ago, my initial goal was to collect a list of all of Pat's writings. If I could accomplish that, I figured I would be successful. Never in my wildest dreams did I envision getting all of this information and getting it published on the web both as a research tool for Pat's students (and future warriors) and as a memorial to him. The project got delayed because of the Wu flu and life in general. Sig Fiend reached out to me to ask about the progress of the project which gave me a polite kick in the a** to get this done. What turned out was a great collaboration. What you see online is due in large part to Sig Fiend's inventive genius and computer skill. I am deeply indebted to Sig Fiend for his efforts, wise counsel, and friendship. Likewise, I cannot thank our many contributors, some recognized by name and some anonymously, enough. One of the great legacies of Pat was his ability to bring people together. Via Pat I made the acquaintance of Daryll Bolke, Wayne Dobbs, Sig Fiend, and Joe & Deborah Curnarski among others. Pat passed seven (7) years ago and he is still helping connect. That is a hell of a legacy.

I hope you enjoy the website and if so moved, contribute your photos and stories of Pat with us via the website. Our goal is for the website to grow over the years. Sig Fiend has done an outstanding job communicating our concept via his post.

As you get ready to remember all the fallen warriors this weekend, please join me in raising a tumbler of fine whiskey in Pat's honor. I had planned to close this post by quoting Pat and his too often repeated phrase by saying "We are diminished." Rather, I think it's is better to smile, chuckle about the screwups I made under Pat's watchful eye and say: "Yes Pat"....

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Mad respect , thank you for for making it all come together !

Thank you both and everyone else who contributed to this project. I was never fortunate enough to train with Pat but always enjoyed his writing. To have so many articles of his posted in one place is amazing. I’m having a great time binging them.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Thank you both and everyone else who contributed to this project. I was never fortunate enough to train with Pat but always enjoyed his writing. To have so many articles of his posted in one place is amazing. I’m having a great time binging them.
    When I started carrying a 1911 Uncle Pat hooked me up with the Kimber rep so I got one of the first 500 Warriors produced with actual Novak sights. That gun in 8k rounds has had two malfunctions, one of which used TLG's Clinch Pik to clear...

I also told you the story of how Uncle Pat let me use his sig file when I was getting team t-shirts in 04-05 ...

"Remember those that died...and remember those that killed them..."

God, I miss him....

pat

The sub-forum is live. Thanks to @LittleLebowski for his help getting that set up! The purpose of the sub-forum is to start moving conversations and details about Pat over there. Especially any ideas you might have for the website, improvements, typos you found, missing bibliography items, anything at all.

What I would like to encourage the most is for everyone to consider sharing their own stories, pics, video, etc. of Pat. Every bit of it is priceless.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Site Supporter
    Name:  06032023 thumbnail_IMG_3223.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  33.1 KB

Excellent hat. Wear it all the time.

User Tag List