Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My/Our friend Rosco Benson has passed

My/Our friend Rosco Benson has passed

@Rosco Benson has been my friend for decades (he was probably there when my avatar pic was taken), and he was the one who turned me on to P-F.

He died yesterday at about 06:30.

He was a long time alum of the API, and when he got riffed out of his data center management job he became a Corrections Officer, and migrating into managing the property room after he got tired of working weekends when he would rather be shooting with his buddies.

He was a good shooter and a hilarious dude, probably how he would like to be remembered.

Site Supporter
    Requiescat in pace.

Prayers for his family and those that knew him.

I've never had the honor of meeting him, but closely followed the "Tactics" column in Combat Handguns back in the day.

We modeled out "Tactical Matches" (pre-IDPA days) based on what Rick Miller and Rosco Benson demonstrated, even using the Paladin scoring system.

I always enjoyed his postings on the various forums (including here of course) over the years, and paid attention to what he wrote. Much respect.

RIP Sir.

My condolences for the loss of your friend. RIP.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    My condolences also. One of the most literate of sources.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

My condolences, mmc. I never got to meet Mr. Benson, but always enjoyed his articles. Lots of good, practical advice.

My condolences to you and all his loved ones.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    My sincerest condolences.

Site Supporter
    Rest In Peace. I have always enjoyed his writing. I didn’t know him personally. But he was good people.

Very sorry to hear this, I enjoyed his contributions on the API list for many years.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List