Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Accumulated Wisdom of the late Pat Rogers

Update?

Its been a while (since Nov 2020) that there were any posts in this thread. I'd be interested in buying a copy of this book if one was published and I missed the announcement.

Can anybody directly involved provide an update, please?
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia

Bruce in WV:

I had started developing a list of Pat's articles, then life, Covid etc. got in the way. I am moving forward with that project as we speak with another Pistol Forum member. We'll keep everybody updated as we make progress. I hope that helps.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Cartwright View Post
    Bruce in WV:

I had started developing a list of Pat's articles, then life, Covid etc. got in the way. I am moving forward with that project as we speak with another Pistol Forum member. We'll keep everybody updated as we make progress. I hope that helps.

Bruce
    Bruce,
    Pat had some great posts over at lightfighter.net forum; lots of good one liners, pictures, and stories.

I will never forget when he called me after I reached out to anyone and everyone for prayers after my buddy got shot in the head on the job.

Pat was a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    Bruce,
    Pat had some great posts over at lightfighter.net forum; lots of good one liners, pictures, and stories.

I will never forget when he called me after I reached out to anyone and everyone for prayers after my buddy got shot in the head on the job.

Pat was a gem!
    Risto:

Thanks for the information about Lightfighter. I have thought about the content that Pat generated there, and I would love to find a way to capture it and catalog it.
    As to Pat's calls, I was blessed to receive many of them. One in particular stands out and I will be forever grateful for Pat's wise counsel that day.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Site Supporter
    The first time I bailed out of the Bataan Death March I was putting together a team. It must have been "03 or '04.

I called him to ask to use his sig line "Remember those that died. Remember those that killed them." On t-shirts. Of course the answer was "YES!"

pat

Lightfighter posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    Bruce,

Pat was a gem!
    Please share his user name there. My searches haven’t been very successful so far (cue the Boomer Luddite quips)…

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in WV View Post
    Please share his user name there. My searches haven’t been very successful so far (cue the Boomer Luddite quips)…
    I haven’t been on over there since he passed basically but i think he just went by Pat_Rogers.
    https://www.lightfighter.net/member/pat.rogers/posts

User name

Got it. Thank you.

Pat used to say something regarding training like you needed three things for learning to occur. They were something like "a perceived need" and "a belief you can do it"... anyone remember or search up the exact quote?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

In the interest of transparency, I'm working with @Bruce Cartwright on this. We're building a website for it. I'm paranoid about site integrity, especially for anything related to this industry, so it's being built to stand the test of time.

To be clear, this will be a not for profit site with a sole focus on aggregating everything we can about Pat. No shenanigans. The domain name has been purchased and some initial infrastructure work done: PatRogers.org (nothing live yet)

We'd much appreciate any and all info, stories, pictures, video links, etc. be shared on this thread for now, or directly with us if you prefer.

User Tag List