Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought a SW M&P 2.0 4.25 Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    I have a 1.0 Compact (think g26) and a couple 2.0 4" Compacts (think g19). I much prefer the 2.0 version.
    I agree and also prefer the full grip of the 2.0 compact over a G26 sized gun. Reloads are much faster and less complicated/training intensive. With AIWB carry the little extra length in the grip is insignificant compared to how much you gain in ergos. As to the 2.0 4 inch vs 3.6 version, the 4 inch compact carries much more comfortably as the longer barrel gives more stability in the holster as far as keeping the grip from wanting to fall forward away from the body. I’m finding it’s even better with the 4.25 full-size guns. It sounds counter intuitive but the longer barrel/slide stabilizes the gun, at least in AIWB carry and seems to be easier to carry. As a result I’ve been carrying my compacts in the full-size holster, which gives a similar effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Actsda View Post
    I agree and also prefer the full grip of the 2.0 compact over a G26 sized gun. Reloads are much faster and less complicated/training intensive. With AIWB carry the little extra length in the grip is insignificant compared to how much you gain in ergos. As to the 2.0 4 inch vs 3.6 version, the 4 inch compact carries much more comfortably as the longer barrel gives more stability in the holster as far as keeping the grip from wanting to fall forward away from the body. I’m finding it’s even better with the 4.25 full-size guns. It sounds counter intuitive but the longer barrel/slide stabilizes the gun, at least in AIWB carry and seems to be easier to carry. As a result I’ve been carrying my compacts in the full-size holster, which gives a similar effect.
    One advantage with the M&Pc. It does have two different smaller mag types, so a "deeper conceal" is an option. I have smallish hands (har har) but even they can't fit all four fingers on the grip of the smallest size. But if the smallest height is desired for a situation, its available.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @OkieHeat - The compact is available in an optics-ready version. It'd be cheaper to buy that one than to get the 4.25" slide cut for the RMR.

There is a 4.25" optics-ready version but it's only available for LE.
    I going to go with ATEI i think, i like how low they get the red dot optic to sit lower in the frame and no adapter plate.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    The M&P M2.0 is what got me interested in the M&P again. I had a Gen 1 fullsize in 40 years ago and really liked that handgun minus the complete lack of grip texture and the trigger being a little mushy. I let it go and then when they M2.0 came out i grabbed a 5 inch FDE 9mm and loved it. Well, so did the wife, so she took that for her HD gun and we sold off her FDE Glock 17. Then I got me a 4 inch compact 9mm.

IF I were you, for carry, i would look at the Compact 3.6 (3.6 barrel with 15 round mag frame), or the new subcompact (12 round mags).
    I dislike like the gen 1 so much i almost didn't give the gen 2 a chance. But grip texture and updated trigger really change the way i feel about the M&P line up.

Well I got the Apex Trigger kit in my M&P and I got the slide back from atei to mount the RMR on it. Took it out this afternoon and put 200 rounds through it with the red dot.
    I used all the stock Springs for the Apex Trigger and that gives me about a 3.5 lb trigger break. The trigger is very smooth with a very crisp break. With the red dot This gun is a lot of fun and very accurate. Atei was great to work with and their slide work was fantastic. Atei also cut a Groove behind the rmr to mount a Glock suppressor height sight to match the front suppressor height sight.
    I have a PPQ that has a great trigger in it and it's about 3.8 lb. The difference between my M&P and the PPQ trigger is the M&P Apex Trigger has a much more well-defined wall where as the PPQ is more of a rolling break. If I didn't have a way to measure the trigger weight I would have thought the M&P Apex Trigger was close to 4 lb because of the wall that it has.
    But it's a very nice ride and very happy with the way it turned out.

Site Supporter
    As a Smith fan, I am relieved when I read they have these weapons performing reliably. My 9mm and 45 Shields have been trouble free.

User Tag List