Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought a SW M&P 2.0 4.25 Barrel

Bought a SW M&P 2.0 4.25 Barrel

Bought it couple weeks ago and i am linking it. Took a few rounds to get used to the goofy trigger shoe and the reset being a little different compare to the glocks and PPQ. But its a great shooter with a good trigger and accurate like the PPQ is. The plan is to put the apex trigger kit in and put a RMR on it. I like the the gun so much in stock forum i might go buy the compact modle and carry it.

I bought in early to the M&P 4" .45. G19 size and .45 round. Liked the first one so much, bought a second, put an RMR on it. Grabbed a third when I could and when the ACRO came out, got Mark at L&M to mill the slide, first ACRO he had done.

Like and shoot them all, no malfunctions, wish the ACRO had better battery life thought.

Enjoy

Site Supporter
    @OkieHeat - The compact is available in an optics-ready version. It'd be cheaper to buy that one than to get the 4.25" slide cut for the RMR.

There is a 4.25" optics-ready version but it's only available for LE.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHeat View Post
    ....I like the the gun so much in stock forum I might go buy the compact modle and carry it.
    If you do that, I'd recommend the 12 rnd short grip w/ 3.5 inch barrel. That is near equal to my old Gen 1 which is a fantastic piece. All the longer mags up to 17 rnds fit just fine so you can carry w/ the 12 and have a 15 or 17 rnd spare.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHeat View Post
    Bought it couple weeks ago and i am linking it. Took a few rounds to get used to the goofy trigger shoe and the reset being a little different compare to the glocks and PPQ. But its a great shooter with a good trigger and accurate like the PPQ is. The plan is to put the apex trigger kit in and put a RMR on it. I like the the gun so much in stock forum i might go buy the compact modle and carry it.
    I have been carrying the same gun in a JMCK AIWB rig for the last several weeks without issue. I have the 2.0 compact and it's my normal off-duty carry but I just don't find there to be that much difference between the two as far as comfort/concealment.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    On that note, does anyone make a threaded barrel for the M&P45 midsize (4" barrel)? I got one for dirt cheap and have a .45 can coming through soon, but it's the only .45 I own and I can't find a threaded barrel that will fit it to save my life.

Check for Silencerco barrels. Looked like they make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    On that note, does anyone make a threaded barrel for the M&P45 midsize (4" barrel)? I got one for dirt cheap and have a .45 can coming through soon, but it's the only .45 I own and I can't find a threaded barrel that will fit it to save my life.

The M&P M2.0 is what got me interested in the M&P again. I had a Gen 1 fullsize in 40 years ago and really liked that handgun minus the complete lack of grip texture and the trigger being a little mushy. I let it go and then when they M2.0 came out i grabbed a 5 inch FDE 9mm and loved it. Well, so did the wife, so she took that for her HD gun and we sold off her FDE Glock 17. Then I got me a 4 inch compact 9mm.

IF I were you, for carry, i would look at the Compact 3.6 (3.6 barrel with 15 round mag frame), or the new subcompact (12 round mags).

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    The M&P M2.0 is what got me interested in the M&P again. I had a Gen 1 fullsize in 40 years ago and really liked that handgun minus the complete lack of grip texture and the trigger being a little mushy. I let it go and then when they M2.0 came out i grabbed a 5 inch FDE 9mm and loved it. Well, so did the wife, so she took that for her HD gun and we sold off her FDE Glock 17. Then I got me a 4 inch compact 9mm.

IF I were you, for carry, i would look at the Compact 3.6 (3.6 barrel with 15 round mag frame), or the new subcompact (12 round mags).
    One issue, how large are your hands? The subcompact height/grip is quite minimal (thats the point). It may be you require the pinkie extension magazine to hold properly, in which case the 2.0 Compact would be better than the older M&Pc. I have the M&Pc and am very happy with it. I have the pinkie mag in it with a full size spare mag. I am very comfortable shooting it one handed or free style. If I had the current versions I would go with the Compact myself, either in 4.0in or 3.5 in barrel.

I have a 1.0 Compact (think g26) and a couple 2.0 4" Compacts (think g19). I much prefer the 2.0 version.

User Tag List