Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Memories of TV when a child

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Andy's Gang, Sky King, Twenty-Six Men, Tombstone Territory, Broken Arrow, The Rifleman, Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, Bat Masterson, Highway Patrol, Fury, Whirlybirds...are a few that come to mind from those early years. (And sports...especially the Yankees as a young kid.)

Not many hold my interest today like those shows did back then. It's nice when one does.
    I have Direct TV, and there is a channel that each weekend seems to run back to back episodes of Bat Masterson and Tombstone Territory. During the week they run I Dream Jeannie and Bewitched.

pat

When I was small, mom, dad and I lived in an apartment upstairs from my grandma.
    Minneapolis was the city, one I strenuously avoid now.

The Republican convention was playing on the small black and white TV in the
    living room. I marched back and forth in the room chanting the same thing the attendees
    at the convention were. (I think it was the one before Eisenhower's second term.)

"I like Ike! I like Ike!"

I recall TV sheriffs, Roy and Dale, touchy Jeeps, cowpokes, and Howdy Doody Time later but the
    convention might be one of my first TV memories. Could explain a lot, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    A fellow Phoenician Wallace and Ladmo watcher here. Several of my classmates were in the audience for tapings as their girl scout or cub scout troops would be able to attend and get seen on TV as the camera would pan over them going to commercial breaks. I never did, but I did see Ladmo in a park doing a little bit for a group of kids handing out Ladmo bags. This was a couple years or so before he passed away.
    I never got to go to the studio and get a Ladmo bag. That would’ve been a dream come through back in the day. I did get to meet them along with Pat McMahon at a golf tournament in my teens. They were all gentleman and very nice to a star struck young man.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

There may be one other forum member who remembers Dr. Max and Mambo, but I doubt it.

I watched the first season of Sesame Street as a two year old.

One of my earliest tv memories is Nixon’s resignation.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    One of my earliest memories is of watching the first moon landing on our black and white console TV in the living room of the apartment we lived in when I was wee. I still have a snapshot of it I can see if I think about it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Highway Patrol, Sea Hunt, Sky King, Clutch Cargo (Worst animation ever), Popeye (My sister looked just like Olive Oyl in the cartoons, until she hit puberty).
    Later on Ghoulardi, Bill Kennedy Showtime, and the Lou Gordon Show. Watching Lou tear up kooks and crooks on his show was highly entertaining. The Flat Earth couple was the best. The crook Frank Rizzo was good too..

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    One of my earliest memories is of watching the first moon landing on our black and white console TV in the living room of the apartment we lived in when I was wee. I still have a snapshot of it I can see if I think about it.
    Splashdowns were televised, too. I didn't miss anything NASA televised.

If you didn't watch Speed Racer and Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot, you missed out on quality Japanese productions.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Rural area, few options. Best remembered are Wild, Wild, West, Batman, and Hogan’s Heros, all in black & white.

Combat!, The Untouchables, 77 Sunset Strip, Garrison's Guerillas (occasionally), The Rat Patrol, Wagon Train, Rawhide, Route 66, Wide Country, Checkmate...

...the list continues.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Reruns of Giligans Island, Leave It To Beaver, Twilight Zone, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, I Love Lucy, and lots of cartoons. My dad liked Gunsmoke and Bonanza.

I feel fortunate to have been in HS from 75-79, when Saturday Night Live was in its prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List