Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Memories of TV when a child

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Out of the clear blue of the western sky, comes.......

But I remember it without the word "clear". Interestingly, they show it both ways in google. Maybe they changed it somewhere along the way.

Here's one of each:

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Before we had a TV, but I've seen old stills where Sky King started out with a radial engine Cessna T50 twin.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Marlin Perkins: I am going to wait here in the Jeep while Jim wrestles that Wilda beast to the ground.
    Robin Williams, God rest his soul, used to make fun of that back in his stand up days.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Robin Williams, God rest his soul, used to make fun of that back in his stand up days.
    Years ago, when "Mork & Mindy" first became popular, I was walking with a friend in Greenwich Village and mentioned that that crazy guy Robin Williams lived in the neighborhood. The words had just left my mouth when you know who turned the corner and was walking toward us.

He stopped and engaged us in a conversation for several minutes and gave me an "autograph" on a piece of paper that I still have. It says "Nanu, Nanu".

Ray Morgan From Capitol Arena in Washington D.C., announcer Thursday, December 17, 1959, to 1971

Pro Wrestling Capitol Arena
    Name:  RAYMORGANATDESK.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  17.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Years ago, when "Mork & Mindy" first became popular, I was walking with a friend in Greenwich Village and mentioned that that crazy guy Robin Williams lived in the neighborhood. The words had just left my mouth when you know who turned the corner and was walking toward us.

He stopped and engaged us in a conversation for several minutes and gave me an "autograph" on a piece of paper that I still have. It says "Nanu, Nanu".
    Shazbut!, what an amazing story!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Ray Morgan From Capitol Arena in Washington D.C., announcer Thursday, December 17, 1959, to 1971

Pro Wrestling Capitol Arena
    Name:  RAYMORGANATDESK.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  17.0 KB
    His interviews with Bruno Sammartino were legendary. I was addicted to wrestling back then, as a youngster.

Watching wrestling with my granddad back in the late 70s, on their big ‘ol Zenith console TV. I think it was WCW back then- Dusty Rhodes, Andre the Giant, the Von Erichs, and of course “Nature Boy” Ric Flair.
    Granddad would stretch out on the couch and I’d sit at the end. Before it was over he’d always put me in a leg scissors or a headlock or something. Good times.

In their later years...

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    In their later years...

Weird, I don’t remember Waldo von Erich at all, just Fritz and the sons. They actually did a publicity appearance at my small town high school, it was a HUGE deal [emoji3]

User Tag List