Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biden's war on firearms owners and 7.62x39

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    FIFY. The biggest issues they have to deal with are Covid and the economy.
    The DJ today is over 29,000. Unemployment has been falling and is under 7%. Even the blue states seem to be aversive to shutdowns right now. As long as Covid is around, Pelosi will have Biden keep signing relief bills, and they'll print money in amounts equal to GDP of just about every country in the world. I don't understand well how economy works but I think, by and large, they won't need to do much. Unless they do impose a national shutdown or do something monumentally dumb with the taxes.

Covid, I dunno, I simply don't know.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    The same speculation was raised during the Obama's 8 years, but it didn't happen.
    The Democrat party is far more antigun as a whole now, as are the left. Further, it is a bigger issue. I would not be surprised if in the near future facebook and social media restrict or ban pictures of certain types of firearms if not firearms as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    The Democrat party is far more antigun as a whole now, as are the left. Further, it is a bigger issue. I would not be surprised if in the near future facebook and social media restrict or ban pictures of certain types of firearms if not firearms as a whole.
    After Zuckerberg's and Dorsey's testimony before the senate judiciary committee last week, it should be clear to all that social media has stepped into the role of ThinkPol...they've become unchecked publishers of fact and their tendencies to censor those with whom they disagree with extreme prejudice is evidence of that.

In addition to the networked control/supression of the flow of information that both Zuckerberg and Dorsey struggled to avoid admitting to, it would not surprise me to see the "display" of any firearm-related image on those platforms classified in the near term as "content inciting violence or inciting groups/individuals to perform acts of violence".

The media's wholesale participation in the Dem's 4-year campaign of presidential harrassment backed by social media shows that they are all one-in-the-same; strategically, tactically, and in mission.

I'm sure that Beto will ensure that we keep the ability to hunt squirrels, rabbit, and deer with single-shot rifles 'cause, y'know.....Second Amendment reasons. 🙄
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

COVID will be over by spring. Vaccines will be out by the end of the year and widespread inoculations will allow the lockdowns to stop and the economy will recovier.

The Dems will take credit for it even though the vaccines were developed because of the Trump fast track program.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    COVID will be over by spring. Vaccines will be out by the end of the year and widespread inoculations will allow the lockdowns to stop and the economy will recovier.

The Dems will take credit for it even though the vaccines were developed because of the Trump fast track program.
    Honestly, finding a working vaccine is one of the easiest parts of the COVID solutions. It's a science thing. Here's a problem. Find an answer. But I think the real test ahead now is mass production, distribution, and political hurdles. Things about to get weird and exceptionally difficult. And as much as I hate to say it... But I'm going to support Democratic solutions if they're good here. COVID goes way beyond any political affiliation. It's a worldwide issue.

And did the US have a huge part in creating the working vaccines? Absolutely. And did Trump help speed things along? Damn straight.

But I'm not going to let foolish pride convince me that nobody but us needs it. For instance, what about some of allies in forward deployed areas? Shouldn't those countries need to get it as well? Especially if we're trying not to lose them as a military foothold. You know China will have no problem going in there and try to weaken US grasp. But this is for a COVID thread...

As far as the Biden Gun Control plan goes, it blows. Terribly. And I'm down to pledge my support in repealing what may be or reaching a compromise that'll keep us bearing arms and Dem riots off the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    The fact that they LOST House seats this time convinced me that plenty of Biden voters showed up just out of pure hatred/fear of Trump, not because they have any faith in the Dems.

Gun control will be a big thing for the Dems to the extent it can be tied to a "stopping the street fights/right-wing crazies" narrative. I wouldn't claim to forsee how effective that narrative is going to be. "Kenosha" will be the buzzword for that push if it works. Rushing to defend an underage kid with an illegally-possessed firearm (regardless of the other facts of the case, that's enough to bury us because it`s enough to paint the shooter in the same way "vicious young Black men" were in the 80s-90s) wasn't a great move in conservative media.
    Agree about the election results. Trump alienated a lot of key groups through his behavior, and a lot of people were just tired of the daily drama; the fact that Republicans did much better in house and senate races should be a message to anyone paying attention, though.

Partly agree about Kenosha. You won't catch me defending someone who 'went stupid places and did stupid things with stupid people' with an illegally possessed weapon. Very poor judgement at best. However I don't expect very many progressive legislators with any political savvy to try to tie gun control to "stopping the right wing crazies." If anything, a lot of their young urban constituents just went out and bought their own first guns, and 99.9% of the people on both sides of the issue just want to defend their homes and aren't planning to go anywhere near street fights or protests... which makes them smarter than the Kenosha kid.

As was stated up the page, immediate priorities are going to be COVID and the economy, and that's going to take a while. A handful of single-issue anti-gunners will certainly try to push for more, and they're going to be ignored in the short term unless there's another high-profile mass shooting. From a policy perspective, right now it's a distraction especially since the more thoughtful policy makers on both sides of the aisle are still interpreting the implications of what just happened. Longer term depends on the Senate, and even longer term on the Supreme Court. And ammo, whether domestic or foreign, depends on a lot of things including how much hoarding happens, and many other supply and demand and logistical factors. Politics is just one part of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post

I'm having trouble finding people willing to take the first run of C19 vaccine.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I'll give it a shot. (pun intended)
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I suspect this will vary widely depending on locale and peer group demographics. I'd bet most people I know would jump at the chance.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I am more than happy to get the COVID-19 vaccine from Pfizer or Moderna

User Tag List