Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found All The Primers

Found All The Primers

....I was google-fu searching and came across a web site that had primers and started up my best impression of Oprah....you get primers...you get primers and you get primers. I had 30k of mixed large and rifle primers with another 20k of small pistol in my cart filled with excitement and glee the Primer Santa came early....until I noticed that little red maple leaf. The damn Grinch stole my Primermass, that heartless soulless green bastard.

Seems to be our Northern Brothers have a little stock pile....ohh kind neighbor won’t you share?

https://www.bullseyenorth.com/reload.../browse/page/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Smuggling road trip!

No lie, I am thinking about making this happen.

Yeah, only primer hits I get are from Canada. Only thing about smuggling is the risk of a 14 day quarantine

I mean, I get that when they're shipped there's a hazmat charge, but would this actually be smuggling? It's the same product sold on both sides of the border and legal in both places, right? I suppose you'd run afoul of ITAR because it's an international border or some such?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I mean, I get that when they're shipped there's a hazmat charge, but would this actually be smuggling? It's the same product sold on both sides of the border and legal in both places, right? I suppose you'd run afoul of ITAR because it's an international border or some such?
    Itar/ear wouldn’t care about imports. The Mounties might get pissed.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Wouldn’t you just have to pay the import/export tariffs on them? I was planning on finally setting up my reloading operation, but that seems to be a waste of time because you can’t even find primers. I suppose casting bullets from used bullets can be done but primers, at least I don’t think, can be easily home produced.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Itar/ear wouldn’t care about imports. The Mounties might get pissed.
    Would they scold me?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    Wouldn’t you just have to pay the import/export tariffs on them? I was planning on finally setting up my reloading operation, but that seems to be a waste of time because you can’t even find primers. I suppose casting bullets from used bullets can be done but primers, at least I don’t think, can be easily home produced.
    Casting is a whole different ball game. Some people think it's fun and they're saving money after all the time they spent scavenging lead or whatever. I think bullets are cheap.

But this is still a great time to get started--what the hell else are you going to do? Research components and gear, build a bench, etc. You're going to spend a long time just setting up.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Would they scold me?

And say I'm sorry a million times while doin it..

It says on their main page that they do not ship to the US. I tried anyway, no dice...

User Tag List