Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Found All The Primers

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Maybe @Maple Syrup Actual can do a stealth run once his "ghost skiff" is up and running.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I picture myself racing across Puget Sound in the newly finished, unregistered skiff, full to the gunwales of primers, trying to escape the USCG who fire a single shot trying to put a hole through my engine block, and in the process setting off a chain reaction of all 1,000,000 pistol primers and turning the Olympic Peninsula into the Olympic Archipelago.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    I picture myself racing across Puget Sound in the newly finished, unregistered skiff, full to the gunwales of primers, trying to escape the USCG who fire a single shot trying to put a hole through my engine block, and in the process setting off a chain reaction of all 1,000,000 pistol primers and turning the Olympic Peninsula into the Olympic Archipelago.

Name:  rcmp.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  16.0 KB
    "You are transporting a large amount of primers, are you not?"

Assuming you survive, you can at least find solace in the fact that the USCG has a track record of providing excellent first aid after they shoot somebody.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Look at this way - will your inner rockstar be disappointed with the pyrotechnics at your final show?

If the answer is yes, then you need to add a million rifle primers into the pile and half a ton of Chinese fireworks.

I went and looked it up (I am only six hours from Canada. It appears there is a 5,000 primer limit without an export permit. Whether you are a Canadian resident or not.

However, it does appear you can apply for an export permit once every 12-months for any number of primers. I wasn't able to figure out the fee structure, but it actually doesn't seem to be too bad.

I think it's not a 5,000 primer annual cap either, but rather it's 5,000 per person, per trip.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-25-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Look at this way - will your inner rockstar be disappointed with the pyrotechnics at your final show?

If the answer is yes, then you need to add a million rifle primers into the pile and half a ton of Chinese fireworks.

I went and looked it up (I am only six hours from Canada. It appears there is a 5,000 primer limit without an export permit. Whether you are a Canadian resident or not.

However, it does appear you can apply for an export permit once every 12-months for any number of primers. I wasn't able to figure out the fee structure, but it actually doesn't seem to be too bad.

I think it's not a 5,000 primer annual cap either, but rather it's 5,000 per person, per trip.
    So we running to Canada on a bus for primers like some do for prescriptions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Timmy Ho's very nice touch
    Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Name:  rcmp.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  16.0 KB
    "You are transporting a large amount of primers, are you not?"

I found 25k CCI #500 today. Lucky me.

Site Supporter
    I have a brother who lives in Seattle, who occasionally goes to Canada for whatever it is he’s going there for.

I kind of doubt he’d be up for picking me up some primers, though.

User Tag List