Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin Police and My First Mask Flip Out

Site Supporter

Pumpkin Police and My First Mask Flip Out

Today's show of humanity's foibles.

1. I go for a walk. I can walk over a path that goes into a woody reserved area. So I waddle down the path towards the creek and its bridge. There is road that parallels the path for a bit before the path turns into the woods. A guy stops his Benz by the creek and opens the back and takes about a big pumpkin. He is an old, fat fart (ahem) and waddles towards the creek with the pumpkin. But what should appear a pickup marked from the County park authority. Said truck driver gives the pumpkin dude, the "Look". Pumpkin picks up the pumpkin (he had put it down as it was too much for a straight carry to the creek). Puts in back and drives off. The County guy makes a u=turn. He passes me and I give him a thumbs up. He says, he is mildly annoyed with those who throw things in the creek. He feels like throwing stuff on the guy's lawn.

2. Time to go to the supermarket. Mask up, get my cart. Well, at the self-check out there is a rumpus. There is a skinny woman with a bandana around her neck, totally open face - have a fit. Screaming at people and running towards them. I'm at a distance and said to myself - why let's go down this lane and get some distance. The young male staff is closing on her and holding her arm to lead her out.

I continue to distance myself.

Later I ask the check out young lady, what happened. She said, that someone gave the United Way $5.00 at the self-check, slowing down the lane, this freaked out the maskless wonder - she pulled hers off to scream, it seemed.

I gave the United Way $5.00 and they entered me in a raffle for $150. If I win I can buy a box of 9mm.

Site Supporter
    While a pumpkin is not the worst thing that can be thrown in a creek, I still don't get why people just don't throw away stuff properly. The worst was seeing old lawn mowers in creeks. How much of a low life do you have to be to throw a lawn mower into a creek?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    While a pumpkin is not the worst thing that can be thrown in a creek, I still don't get why people just don't throw away stuff properly. The worst was seeing old lawn mowers in creeks. How much of a low life do you have to be to throw a lawn mower into a creek?
    Back when I was a kid, in the southern Appalachian Mountains (OK, western NC), people, including I think local governments, used to dispose of their junk cars on the outside of a stream bend. "Stream bank stabilization." But then, I was also told that the "government" imported kudzu to use as an erosion control measure. [Actually, if one Googles the origin of kudzu in the US, one of the first hits says it was imported as an ornamental and forage crop - - - and then used for erosion control.]

Such mistakes, of course, aren't made today . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Probably related to the people who cant be bothered to put their carts away correctly in the parking lot at the grocery store.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Pumpkins are easy to dispose of. Find someone who has chickens and give them to them. They love them. Cut them in half and watch them devour the innerds until there is nothing left but a paper thin layer of the outer shell. It's quite impressive really, similar to watching them absolutely destroy a mouse that wanders into their space.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Pumpkin picks up the pumpkin (he had put it down as it was too much for a straight carry to the creek).
    I think this should be "bumpkin with a pumpkin", but you do you.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

=Glenn E. Meyer;1144412
    I gave the United Way $5.00 and they entered me in a raffle for $150. If I win I can buy a box of 9mm.
    Who sells 10 round boxes of 9mm?

FWIW, we bust up the neighborhood's leftover jack-o-lanterns and put them in our woods ... the deer love them.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Probably related to the people who cant be bothered to put their carts away correctly in the parking lot at the grocery store.
    Shopping Cart Theory: the ultimate test of whether someone is a d*ck or a decent person

https://thechive.com/2020/05/11/shop...decent-person/

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post

It's quite impressive really, similar to watching them absolutely destroy a mouse that wanders into their space.
    I watched that happen last summer at the farm where I buy eggs. I had no idea chickens would do that.

User Tag List