Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staccato Duty Holsters?

Staccato Duty Holsters?

Greetings, P-F!

Can anyone recommend a duty holster for the Staccato P DPO with Leupold DP Pro and Surefire X300? Blackhawk! and Safariland are shown on the Staccato website as is a holster made by Comp-Tac.

Anyone else making something worth taking a look at? TIA!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've got one of the newer Blackhawk T series duty holsters for the Stacatto 4.15" with an optic & X300U. Only have one range trip with it - so my insight is pretty limited.

One complaint I have is that the release paddle is not well placed for use with a frame-mounted safety. I've posted pics here in some thread.

I have the Safariland. It's a little picky on reinsertion without binding up if you misalign, but manageable. I also don't like the shroud of kydex they put over the ALS lever on 1911/2011 holsters and have always Dremeled them off.

Other kydex companies that I know of that make a level II duty holster for a 2011 are Long's Shadow Holsters and Midwest Tactical Systems. No experience with either and I am a dyed in the wool Safariland guy.

I have no firsthand experience with them, but these company might have something that will work for you:

Midwest Tactical Solutions

I found them when I was looking for a RDS holster that didn't require a WML, but I have an SRO on the pistol for which I needed the holster.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

@Erick Gelhaus

Did you get the T-Series directly from Staccato or somewhere else?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    @Erick Gelhaus

Did you get the T-Series directly from Staccato or somewhere else?

Direct from STI ... https://staccato2011.com/product-cat...duty-holsters/

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    I was afraid of that. They have been out of stock for awhile on the website.

I assume they're going to continue being out of stock. Likely Blackhawk is running skeleton crews due to social distance stuff. Plus they have some military contracts that probably take priority.

I ordered a Safariland from the Safariland crappy website about 3 weeks ago. Maybe it will be here by Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    I've got one of the newer Blackhawk...One complaint I have is that the release paddle is not well placed for use with a frame-mounted safety.
    I assume an SLS hood type would work pretty well with regard to the 1911 safety. The hood requires the thumb to be stuck straight out from the fingers to fully rotate forward. It should put the thumb up high ready to sweep down onto the safety when presenting the pistol.

The ALS should also be about right. I've seen many people want to press or sort of flick the retention tab down while drawing but the movement only needs to be very slight.

RDR gear has (maybe had ?) left handed ones...

https://rdrgear.com/products/quick-s...iland-holsters

User Tag List