Thread: Let the savagery out...

Let the savagery out...

Because this shit:

https://microclimate.com/

Name:  Bernardo_1.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  46.0 KB

Needs to be made fun of.

There are so many choices here, I can't decide where to begin...

___

'Introducing our newest product AIR - the visor that makes you unfuckable.'

AIR put this on and no one will ever ask you to do anything, because they know you're a worthless twat.

Their future product 'derri-AIR; an integrated microclimate unit for your whole body. You know AIR, the visor that makes you look like a mouth breathing moron. Derri-AIR straps around your waist forms and air-tight bubble around your anus. This allows you to breath in and revel in your own flatulence like you know God intended.'

Pretty sure that guy works in accounting at my firm.

He challenged me to an interoffice nerf fight one week when I was fresh from some salty FOF kills (playing bad guy at a contractor shot house that I frequent)

“No I better not, you might get *the best* of me”.

Nice guy really.

Got nothing on the face covering. They’re all silly.

Not gonna lie. It would have been nice to have this for the two weeks of Tokyo subway rides I was on last October for work.

Name:  D8740E98-A850-4EF7-B495-B1D57B8714E7.jpeg
Views: 782
Size:  64.9 KB

Not sure I need it to go to Costco these days though.
    Last edited by RJ; 11-20-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Not gonna lie. It would have been nice to have this for the two weeks of Tokyo subway rides I was on last October for work.
    Let me guess: you're big in Japan.

Might not be bad for protests; protect you from pepper spray, urine/feces bombs, etc.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I'm here, now what?

Not a new concept:

https://www.envirosafetyproducts.com...tors-papr.html

I've never used one, but know people who have them. The consensus seems to be that, cost aside, it's the pleasantest way to spend all day with respiratory protection. Some just have tyvek to make the seal, which works because of the positive pressure, and that's apparently a lot more comfortable than a rubber one cinched tight for hours.

(One friend had one where the air intake/pump/battery was belt mounted at the back ... he said to be careful what you have for lunch)

Kinda surprised the industrial ones aren't sold out. Maybe people don't know about them. Like in the early days, when N95 masks were sold out or selling for more than N100 masks.

For that much you might as well just get a milspec gas mask and some NBC filters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    Not a new concept:

https://www.envirosafetyproducts.com...tors-papr.html

I've never used one, but know people who have them. The consensus seems to be that, cost aside, it's the pleasantest way to spend all day with respiratory protection. Some just have tyvek to make the seal, which works because of the positive pressure, and that's apparently a lot more comfortable than a rubber one cinched tight for hours.

(One friend had one where the air intake/pump/battery was belt mounted at the back ... he said to be careful what you have for lunch)

Kinda surprised the industrial ones aren't sold out. Maybe people don't know about them. Like in the early days, when N95 masks were sold out or selling for more than N100 masks.
    They were. They are coming back into the pipeline, but November was the first month our back-orders were filled.

We use the Versa-flo system at our office. With the exception of the amount of weight on your midsection (and specifically, lower back) it is a good system. I commonly wear one for 6-7 hours a day, and have gone much longer. But, my back hurts afterwards. Even after accessorizing with the heavy duty tool belt suspenders, still a lot of weight.

Anything with it's air intake over your gas output, you MUST be careful if using it after lunch. I can attest to this in so many ways. There are many reasons why I don't eat mexican for lunch, this was one of them.

Also, if the air intake is inside your impermeable suit, you will shrink wrap yourself in Tyvek when you turn the machine on.

The head based PAPR units are becoming more widespread. This looks like the consumer version of this system https://maxair-systems.com/. We had a demo recently and we'll also be working on getting a few. The real deal is pretty awesome.

And yes, no matter what, you will look like a dork. And no, I don't wear them around town.

We were watching some Japanese TV and noticed that they seem to be wearing clear plastic mouth shields

Name:  il_794xN.2405908987_ra52.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  31.3 KB

Probably not as effective at preventing spread of contaminants but at least they don't scream take my lunch money.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

The local new station did a short profile:
    Hej på dej!

User Tag List