Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: I went back to just irons and I might like it better

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post

It’s 2004 again. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    It’s 2004 again. Yay.
    Yep, and I'm going to Blockbuster to rent Collateral and then pick up a pizza and a 12 pack of Mountain Dew on the way home. Life is good!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

It’s 2004 again. Yay.
    If it helps, I kept the FCD plate and Ameriglo 470's. Going to put them on a 45 MOS for more overt situations as time and funds permit. Enjoying carrying the '04 style 19 for now though.
    Food Court Apprentice

Site Supporter
    It’s 2004 again. Yay.
    Man, if you only saw what I was carrying [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    What belt/buckle is that?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

I went into dots at the beginning of the year. I like them, ESPECIALLY shooting at extended distances. Last week I pulled the last dot off my carry pistol, not because I don't think they're a technical improvement, but because I haven't found a dot that meets my needs yet.

Specifically, I'm mounting dots on 1911s (Stacatto) and a 365XL. The problems are having are several:

1. Dots small enough to mount on slim slides have such small windows that I find them to be MUCH slower to acquire, no matter how perfect my presentation is, or how much I try to track the dot in recoil
    2. The three different auto-adjust dots I tinkered with were all flawed with major light "defects" in any exterior light. I'm certain this was exclusively based on the make/model I was trying, but there was so much weirdness on those screens that it was VERY difficult to see through them and acquire the target.
    3. The manual adjust dots I used had two settings - too dim to see in daylight or too bright to be used in dim/interior lighting. Setting the brightness "dim" enough to not have huge bloom/glare on the lens indoors meant the dot was invisible on light colored targets in full daylight, and very dim against light colored targets when illuminated with a handheld light.
    4. I'm just not confident that any of the dots I've used are going to be there when I NEED them - thinking about unpredictable battery life, unpredictable response to climate conditions, etc

At this point, I'm too cheap to do what would probably solve these issues - and buy ACROs/RMRs/SROs. Fortunately, my eyesight, while failing somewhat, is still plenty good for me to do what I need to at the 25 yard line, so I'm OK with irons.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I went into dots at the beginning of the year. I like them, ESPECIALLY shooting at extended distances. Last week I pulled the last dot off my carry pistol, not because I don't think they're a technical improvement, but because I haven't found a dot that meets my needs yet.

Specifically, I'm mounting dots on 1911s (Stacatto) and a 365XL. The problems are having are several:

1. Dots small enough to mount on slim slides have such small windows that I find them to be MUCH slower to acquire, no matter how perfect my presentation is, or how much I try to track the dot in recoil
    2. The three different auto-adjust dots I tinkered with were all flawed with major light "defects" in any exterior light. I'm certain this was exclusively based on the make/model I was trying, but there was so much weirdness on those screens that it was VERY difficult to see through them and acquire the target.
    3. The manual adjust dots I used had two settings - too dim to see in daylight or too bright to be used in dim/interior lighting. Setting the brightness "dim" enough to not have huge bloom/glare on the lens indoors meant the dot was invisible on light colored targets in full daylight, and very dim against light colored targets when illuminated with a handheld light.
    4. I'm just not confident that any of the dots I've used are going to be there when I NEED them - thinking about unpredictable battery life, unpredictable response to climate conditions, etc

At this point, I'm too cheap to do what would probably solve these issues - and buy ACROs/RMRs/SROs. Fortunately, my eyesight, while failing somewhat, is still plenty good for me to do what I need to at the 25 yard line, so I'm OK with irons.
    I had a Gen 2 RM06. #2, 3, and 4 are still issues.
    Food Court Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    What belt/buckle is that?
    Graith Sanmai LT. Love this belt.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I want red dots on everything now. Glocks, eventually my SD9VE, pellet guns, the spray nozzle on the garden hose. Everything.

Name:  download (8).jpeg
Views: 312
Size:  10.9 KB

User Tag List