Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Atom LT on sale $199

Gen 2 Atom LT on sale $199

Arc'teryx LEAF Atom Jacket LT (Gen 2)

A gen 2 for what I paid for Gen 1 on clearance. I would if I didn't have a tan one and a black one (for formal events) already.
    I'd get a Ranger Green one. US-elitegear is my go to for stuff like this. Just ordered a couple pair of Outdoor Research gloves that were on sale this week.

https://www.us-elitegear.com/collect...-lt-mens-gen-2
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Great price on a great jacket.

I have a black one for everyday/business and a crocodile one for hunting.

What’s the fit like on these? I’m normally a large but I have a Northface jacket in large that’s too big.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    What’s the fit like on these? I’m normally a large but I have a Northface jacket in large that’s too big.
    It's intended to be a mid layer, so not baggy. I'm 5'11, 165 lbs, 31" waist and a medium fits perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I'm 5'10 and have used a Large very well at bodyweights from 165-175. It compresses really well for packing or going under another shell. I bet a Medium would have worked great for me too. I get jumpy with Arcteryx as a lot of their stuff fits tight.

A buddy here is about to order one of these and he's shorter but a lot bulkier than me and he's worn my Large and thought it a perfect fit for him.

FWIW, my kiddo currently in MN uses the crocodile LEAF Atom LT I "loaned" him for his extended trip to AFG in MN winters as a layer under a rain shell jacket as his go to for temps down to the teens. Last Winter hiking around with this doggo in that weather and he was happy as a clam.
    Large works for him too at 5' 8" and about #190 jacked.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Appreciate it @JHC. Sounds like a large will be perfect.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm 5'10 and have used a Large very well at bodyweights from 165-175. It compresses really well for packing or going under another shell. I bet a Medium would have worked great for me too. I get jumpy with Arcteryx as a lot of their stuff fits tight.

A buddy here is about to order one of these and he's shorter but a lot bulkier than me and he's worn my Large and thought it a perfect fit for him.

FWIW, my kiddo currently in MN uses the crocodile LEAF Atom LT I "loaned" him for his extended trip to AFG in MN winters as a layer under a rain shell jacket as his go to for temps down to the teens. Last Winter hiking around with this doggo in that weather and he was happy as a clam.
    Large works for him too at 5' 8" and about #190 jacked.
    That's my do-it-all combo: wool base layer, Atom LT, hardshell rain jacket.

I like the hooded Atom LT for hunting/camping/backpacking and the plain jacket for everything else.

That exterior chest pocket looks like a really good update over the early one. Found this vid that discusses differences from earlier gen that may be of interest:

Great price. If I didn’t have 2 of the civilian version, and the Patagonia equivalent I might get one.

Although I think this on is different construction so easy for a jacket whore to justify...

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Great price. If I didn’t have 2 of the civilian version, and the Patagonia equivalent I might get one.

Although I think this on is different construction so easy for a jacket whore to justify...
    Which Patagonia equivalent do you have...Nano Puff? I have an Atom LT, but really digging my Kuiu gear for work and off work. Always look every year at the Nano Puff when on sale at REI

User Tag List