Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What are you doing to your production/ssp guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtown44 View Post
    Unknowingly DQed my gun from production by having the trigger guard undercut and applying an aggressive stip job to some parts of the pistol. I love the work, feels great in my hand but illegal for production. I hadn't shot or had any interest in IDPA or USPSA when I had it done.

Aw thats a bummer. But now you have a great excuse to start adding a magwell and raceholster and stuff if your already limited or limited 10

IDPA guns

SSP
    OD Gen3 G17
    grip tape
    grip plug
    GLOCK OEM extended mag catch & slide stop
    Ameriglo sights ... GL405L all black wide notch rear, front is lime green paint only in super skinny width (can't recall dims)
    Vogel Challenger trigger kit from www.GlockTriggers.com
    silver paint marker inside magwell

ESP
    M&P9fs
    stippled backstrap MED
    Costa Ludus mag catch
    Ameriglo HACK night sights
    Apex hard sear, RAM, and USB (factory springs retained)
    silver paing marker inside magwell

CDP
    stock, non-magwelled Wilson Combat CQB
    10-8 all black rear sight
    front night sight (can't even recall what maker)

Can anyone say if sanding down the 'hump' behind the magazine release on an m&p is legal for USPSA production?

The hump falls within the area where 'checkering, stippling, or other texture' may be applied, but the language of specifically prohibited modifications and features says "Grips – any addition or
    removal of material which
    changes the factory profile or adds function..." is prohibited.

I'm guessing it is prohibited since it doesn't so much change the factory profile of the grip (maybe a little), but adds function in making the magazine release easier to activate.
    twitter.com/ddbaxte

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G60 View Post
    Can anyone say if sanding down the 'hump' behind the magazine release on an m&p is legal for USPSA production?

The hump falls within the area where 'checkering, stippling, or other texture' may be applied, but the language of specifically prohibited modifications and features says "Grips – any addition or
    removal of material which
    changes the factory profile or adds function..." is prohibited.

I'm guessing it is prohibited since it doesn't so much change the factory profile of the grip (maybe a little), but adds function in making the magazine release easier to activate.
    I think your interpretation is correct. My understanding of the rule is that any change to the grip profile, other than what is necessary for stippling, is prohibited.

User Tag List