Thread: Holosun HE509T Vs Trijicon RMR Type 2 Parallax Shift(relative to head position)

Question Holosun HE509T Vs Trijicon RMR Type 2 Parallax Shift(relative to head position)

I have noticed that my latest RMR 3.25moa has significantly more parallax shift relative to head position than my other two RMRs and there is some variation in how much of this shift is present between each of 3 RMR sights so I have chosen a "favorite" for my work pistol and relegated the others to secondary roles like backup sight for a carbine and main RDS for a CCW pistol.

In this same time period I have been contemplating the Holosun HE508T but I don't want to end up with MORE parallax shift relative to head position than I am already experiencing on the least "true" of my Trijicon RMRs.

Does anyone here have both sights or better yet multiple samples of both sights so that they could give me an idea about how much parallax shift relative to head position I could expect from the latest Holosuns vs a Type 2 RMR?

Also, has anyone sent an RMR back to Trijicon for having too much parallax shift relative to head position? My first 2 RMRs I can easily live with but the most recent one can be set on a shooting bench aimed at a target and the reticle wanders a good 3-5 inches on target depending on what angle it is viewed at.

Thanks

I have an RM06, RM06 HRS, and 507C v1 and 508T v1.
    A quick check inside my house showed the following:
    Both of my RMR's have about 1" of horizontal movement at 6 yrds and very little if any vertical movement.
    The two Holosuns seem to have virtually no movement in any direction at 6 yrds.

Over the weekend I sighted in a 407CO on my P09 and checked parallax while proned out and wrists/elbows on sandbags. Here is what I found:

reticle on R edge of window: 1.5" low, marginally R. On top edge of window: 1" high.

This was at 24 yards, and to get the reticle to the edge of the window I had to really contort my head, which may have contributed to the small POI shift as much as parallax, but all shots were called good.

User Tag List