Thread: Larry Vickers Podcast Ep.1: 1911 Presented by Firearms Trainers Association

Larry Vickers Podcast

Larry goes through field stripping
    and re-assembling the 1911 while pointing out important things to look for along
    the way.

Last edited by Amp; 11-18-2020 at 03:31 PM.

From the image above, looks like Larry must've run into some trouble. Probably an extractor...

(I'll show myself out.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Delta 1911

Site Supporter
    Some worthwhile info in both of those videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    Larry goes through field stripping
    and re-assembling the 1911 while pointing out important things to look for along
    the way.

I'm not always the biggest Larry Vickers fan, but this podcast is flat out excellent. The tip on using the ballpoint pen positioned from inside the ejection port of the slide to depress the plunger tube pin to facilitate re-insertion of the slide stop alone was worth the podcast. There are other excellent tips and observations throughout it as well.

Best, Jon

Absolutely agree. Not only great info, but also the best presentations I’ve seen from Mr. Vickers.

Skip

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    but this podcast is flat out excellent.

Best, Jon
    It sure is. A fair bit for me to study in there. I can't say I have liked most podcasts albeit my dislike for the medium was tainted by too many hosts blah blah blahing over their SME guest. This was superb.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Is this an actual podcast or just a youtube channel?

Larry does seem to have evolved his delivery to be much more entertaining, I will eventually check out all of these. He is a great guy who has done great things and has great knowledge, but wow I do not need to be constantly reminded that he is the badass and I am not, as I would characterize some of his prior www content.

User Tag List