Thread: 1301 Stock Replacement

1301 Stock Replacement

I thinking about replacing the standard 1301 tactical stock with this Mesa Beretta 1301 OEM Pistol Grip Stock With Cheek Riser & Limbsaver. Any thoughts on this?

https://www.mesatactical.com/product...-ga-black.html
    DON'T PISS OFF OLD PEOPLE. THE OLDER WE GET THE LESS "LIFE IN PRISON' IS A DETERENT.

Do you have a preference for pistol grips over a more traditional stock? Have you tried a Magpul stock as an alternative? Do you need a cheek riser for some reason?

In short, what problems are you trying to solve with it?

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Do you have a preference for pistol grips over a more traditional stock? Have you tried a Magpul stock as an alternative? Do you need a cheek riser for some reason?

In short, what problems are you trying to solve with it?
    Wanting the pistol grip as well as the built in recoil pad. Cheek riser allows for the Mesa shell holder.
    DON'T PISS OFF OLD PEOPLE. THE OLDER WE GET THE LESS "LIFE IN PRISON' IS A DETERENT.

I don't like shotgun stocks and prefer the feel of a pistol grip stock as well. The Mesa Tactical Urbino stock with the Limbsaver pad is a very comfortable feel for me. My only gripe against it is the larger blocky grip and lack of a rear QD socket.

I recently put together a folding stock on my 1301 Tactical using the Mesa Tactical buffer tube adapter and an SB Tactical BTFA folding adapter. Coupled with a Magpul CTR and a Limbsaver pad I've found it to be extremely comfortable to shoot everything from slugs to birdshot. With these parts you can choose whatever AR stock and pistol grip you prefer and have length of pull adjustability. The folding stock part I simply did to see if it was even possible and for more compact storage in my range bag.

Note that these parts did need some fitting and drilling/tapping to put together, but I'm very happy with how it turned out. If you want specifics I'll post more.

Name:  TVbmcMx.jpg
Views: 4519
Size:  104.2 KB Name:  8livHpo.jpg
Views: 3265
Size:  105.7 KB

Site Supporter
    I have had the fixed Mesa pistol grip stock, and there’s nothing wrong with it. My main gripe with it was that the grip was a tad bit blocky, and over time I came to believe that the pistol grip configuration sort of degraded overall “handiness.”

The main plus of the pistol grip was that it was a bit easier to hold the shotgun at a semi-low ready one handed, when I wanted to be able to do something else with the support hand momentarily. I also liked that the Mesa pistol grip stock had an easy way to adjust the height of the comb of the stock exactly to my liking when I eventually put an optic on the shotgun.

However, the Magpul SGA stock is angled in such a way that it essentially feels like a pistol grip stock, but it’s much sleeker and handier. And not only can you adjust comb height but LOP as well. Once I compared my Mesa equipped shotgun with a friend’s Magpul equipped shotgun, I ended up replacing the Mesa with the Magpul.

Thus, unless one simply prefers the aesthetics of the Mesa stock, my experience is that the Magpul stock does everything that the Mesa does, only in a sleeker and handier package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dfeder530 View Post
    I don't like shotgun stocks and prefer the feel of a pistol grip stock as well. The Mesa Tactical Urbino stock with the Limbsaver pad is a very comfortable feel for me. My only gripe against it is the larger blocky grip and lack of a rear QD socket.

I recently put together a folding stock on my 1301 Tactical using the Mesa Tactical buffer tube adapter and an SB Tactical BTFA folding adapter. Coupled with a Magpul CTR and a Limbsaver pad I've found it to be extremely comfortable to shoot everything from slugs to birdshot. With these parts you can choose whatever AR stock and pistol grip you prefer and have length of pull adjustability. The folding stock part I simply did to see if it was even possible and for more compact storage in my range bag.

Note that these parts did need some fitting and drilling/tapping to put together, but I'm very happy with how it turned out. If you want specifics I'll post more.
    Thanks. No specifics needed though as I don't think this is the path I'll be taking.

User Tag List